Chapter 61

We went to the company, only to find out that the CEO was no longer Freen. Mr. Chankimha surprised us with the news that Freen would be the new chairwoman, and the board was extremely proud of her.

Everyone clapped, and Mr. Chankimha smiled at Freen as if passing the torch to her.

Once the board left, Mr. Chankimha asked us to stay and spoke to us.

"Since you're my only child, I'll leave everything to you. However, my other assets will go to Becken," Mr. Chankimha declared.

I expected Freen to be surprised, but she just smiled at me and beamed at her father.

"And for you, Becky. You're not officially Freen's wife yet, but you will be the new CEO. Is that okay with you?" Mr. Chankimha asked.

"That's really generous, Mr. Chankimha, but I can't accept such a big responsibility," I waved my hands, but he sighed.

"It's not too much, Becky. You mean the world to Freen. You're the reason why she's happy and looks forward to each day. You deserve everything you'll have. And besides, I believe you'll do an excellent job as the new CEO. I trust you, so please don't turn it down. Okay?" Mr. Chankimha stood up and extended his hand to me. "And please, call me Dad from now on."

I accepted Mr. Chankimha's hand, and he pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you, Dad," I whispered gratefully.

"Take care of my daughter, okay? She's my everything. I know you can make her happy, so I'm entrusting her to you. Don't let me down," he whispered back, and I nodded earnestly.

Freen playfully coughed, teasingly reminding us she was still there. "I'm still here, guys." She smiled and joined us in the hug.

"Anyway," Mr. Chankimha said, breaking the hug. "I've asked my secretary to handle the paperwork to change Becken's surname to Chankimha. I hope you don't mind, Becky. Using my surname is a privilege, and it'll benefit Becken in the future."

"It's fine, Dad. Besides, I'll be a Chankimha soon too," I said, and Freen's eyes widened.

"Really?" she asked, excited. "I thought you wanted to remain a forever Armstrong?"

"But that doesn't mean you can boss me around," I whispered in her ear, and her face immediately turned red.

"I can hear that, Becky." Mr. Chankimha playfully covered his ears. "My innocent ears!" He then left the conference room.

Freen and I giggled.

"By the way, what time is it? Aren't we supposed to pick up Becken this afternoon?" Freen asked.

"Oh my gosh, Becken!"

***
We spotted Becken waiting in the waiting area with his friends. Freen parked the car, unfastened her seatbelt, and looked at me.

"Aren't you coming down? We're picking up Becken," she said.

I shook my head. "I'll stay in the car. It's okay."

Honestly, I was a bit worried about what Nam had said. What if Becken got bullied for having two mothers? What if his classmates started teasing him for not having a "real" father?

"Alright," Freen replied, still confused.

She stepped out of the car and waved at Becken. He excused himself from his classmates and ran to Freen. They did their special handshake before he hugged her tightly.

Seeing them together made me smile, but I couldn't help feeling overwhelmed. Becken was really attached to Freen. I wondered how he'd handle things when the truth came out.

Freen and Becken got back into the car and greeted me.

"I thought you weren't with Daday," Becken said, furrowing his brows.

"My feet were tired, sorry baby." I kissed his forehead and let Freen fasten his seatbelt.

Freen got into the driver's seat and looked at my feet, but I gently shook my head, letting her know it was alright.

"I already told my friends that I have two mothers. They were so jealous because they only have one," Becken said, pouting.

"Don't worry, baby. I'll meet your friends next time," I replied, glancing at the rearview mirror.

Becken nodded gently, and Freen chuckled.

"Or you can invite them to your party soon," Freen suggested.

"But that's months away. It's too far," he said.

"Soon, Becken. We'll introduce ourselves to your friends. Let's go home, shall we?" Freen asked, and we both nodded.

Freen placed her hands on my legs and winked at me, making me chuckle.

This woman couldn't really wait.