Chapter 91

"Why aren't you picking up my calls?" I demanded as soon as Saint answered the phone.

"Hey, calm down, Becky. I'm juggling work and taking care of Becken, you know. What's up?" Saint responded.

I had to admit, he had a point.

"Sorry, I'm just really worried about my son," I confessed, guilt making me bite my lip. "So, how's he doing?"

"He's alright, Becky. Don't worry too much. By the way, how's Spain treating you? Are you having fun?" he asked.

"I just want to go back. I miss Becken so much, Saint," I sighed, gazing up at the ceiling.

"These past few days have been tough on you. Why not make the most of your vacation and let me take care of Becken? I promise I won't let anything happen," he reassured me.

"It's not easy to enjoy myself here, especially when I'm stuck with Freen," I retorted, rolling my eyes.

A chuckle came from the other end. "What's the issue with her?"

"What's the issue? Seriously? She cheated on me, and you expect me to be all chummy with her?" I scoffed.

"Has she actually admitted it?" he questioned, causing my eyebrows to shoot up.

"What? Are you serious? You need her confession to believe it? You saw it too, right?" I exclaimed.

"Sure, but the question is, was that really Freen?" he probed. "Remember what I mentioned earlier about Amanda seeing a girl? And Mrs. Chankimha encountering her as well?"

"What about them?" I inquired.

"I had someone tail Amanda and the girl. They've been meeting up every week. And here's the kicker – besides Mrs. Chankimha and Amanda, this girl has been seeing Nam's brother," Saint revealed. "Non. He's giving her money. What do you think is going on?"

"Wait, are you saying...?" My mind was blown.

"I'm not entirely sure, Becky. I'm still digging into this. Let me handle it, and once I have answers, I'll fill you in," Saint assured me.

"So, can I even trust Non?" I questioned, my frustration evident. "And Nam? She's my best friend, Saint."

"Nam's in the dark about all this. But here's my theory. When Freen and Non launched their business, Non might've had plans to sabotage Freen's reputation and take over. Perhaps he found out about Mrs. Chankimha's secret daughter and used it as leverage. They teamed up to bring Freen down. Have you ever wondered why Freen's name wasn't cleared? Because Non never actually acted against her. Freen proved herself as the top leader in the company, which is why she's still in charge. Also, that video wasn't a deepfake, Becky."

"What are you saying? Freen really flirted with that client?" I asked, anger seeping into my voice.

"No, that girl in the video wasn't Freen. I don't know if they're related, but the video experts confirmed it wasn't edited. Freen swears she's innocent, and I believe her. That other woman exists, and she's using Freen's identity to make money and ruin her reputation," Saint explained. "I want to provide more details, but I'm not completely certain yet. One thing I'm sure of, though – the child named Faye isn't Freen's daughter. Bella died with a baby on her womb, according to the incident. And Faye was born five months after Heng did the process. Perhaps Freen was too occupied to even noticed that."

I gripped onto the nearest surface for support.

Freen wasn't dumb. Perhaps when she realized it, she also doubted Faye's identity. Did she know all of this and investigating too? That's why she's calm and didn't wonder?

"Becky, please. Stick around with Freen for now. I'm not saying you have to forgive her or anything, but keep her away from here. I'm worried she might be in danger," Saint urged, even though he couldn't see me nodding.

"Alright, but make sure you look after Becken. I'm putting my trust in you," I ended the call and let out a sigh.

Freen needed to stay put, so Saint could catch this imposter red-handed. Without Freen around, the truth would come out, and this woman would reveal herself as the fraud she is. Once Saint gathers enough evidence, she'll be facing charges for identity theft.

But it's going to take time. What should I do? Just sit tight and wait? This is so frustrating.