Chapter 18

During the car ride to the hotel, I still couldn't grasp what Freen was talking about when she mentioned starting over again.

I hadn't been in a car accident or suffered from amnesia before, so why couldn't I remember her if we had met before?

Was she mistaken? And she kept referring to me as Bella. Did I have a twin sister named Bella? But that seemed impossible. Maybe Bella just happened to have the same face as mine. If Bella actually existed and Freen mistook me for her, I couldn't help but feel sorry for her. She should be the one experiencing all of Freen's gentle actions, not me.

"Where's the hotel under construction?" I inquired as we arrived at the hotel.

To my surprise, it wasn't under construction at all—it was enormous. Standing there, I felt as tiny as an ant compared to its size. Becken would've been amazed if he saw it.

"Follow me," Freen urged, and I obliged.

As we walked, people along the way greeted her warmly. When we reached the front desk, I noticed the name of the hotel.

FSC Hotel and Resort—those were her initials. Did she actually own this place?

We entered the elevator, and it took several minutes to reach the highest floor. Remarkably, the elevator attendant knew exactly where we were headed, even though Freen hadn't mentioned it.

"Welcome to my serene place," Freen greeted as soon as we stepped inside the room.

I gazed outside, taking in the breathtaking contrast between the vast starlit sky and the dazzling city lights. It created a magical atmosphere, evoking a sense of tranquility and enchantment. This truly was a serene place for everyone.

"Only my most trusted person can come here," Freen stated, gesturing for me to sit.

There was a dining table near the window, exuding a romantic vibe. The table was adorned with a red fabric, set with two plates, wine, and glasses. It seemed as though Freen had prepared everything beforehand.

I took a seat, but waved my hand when Freen poured wine into my glass.

"I won't be drinking," I said, offering an awkward smile.

I couldn't fathom why she was doing all of this. We weren't a couple. There was nothing between us. I was just her ordinary secretary.

"Why are we here, Miss Chankimha?" I asked with a hint of uncertainty.

"I'm seducing my secretary," she replied directly. "Is that a problem for you?"

I shook my head, although part of me wanted to tell her that this should be my role. It was my plan, so why was she taking charge?

"Listen, it's not that I don't appreciate what you're doing—" I began before she interrupted me with a smile.

"So you do like it?" she teased.

"Why are you doing this, Miss Chankimha?" I questioned.

Freen tilted her head, deep in thought, and then turned to look at me.

"Because I like you," she confessed. "I want to express my affection for you through all of this."

My cheeks flushed, so I turned away to hide my embarrassment. However, Freen stood up and gently held my jaw, guiding me to face her.

I couldn't fathom where she found the courage to tell me that she liked me, but I was at a loss for words. I wasn't sure about my own feelings for her, and I didn't want to say something I wasn't certain of.

"Why do you like me, Freen?" I finally mustered the courage to ask.

Freen smiled and tenderly caressed my jaw.

"Do you want to know the answer?" she replied softly. "Because when everyone turned their backs on me, I looked around and saw you."