Chapter 6

"I specifically told you to deliver the supplies on time, didn't I? What do you think of me? Am I just some subordinate here?" Freen yelled into the phone, frustration evident in her voice.

That's what greeted me as soon as I stepped into the office this morning.

I made my way to my desk and scanned through the papers scattered across it. Freen had a meeting with other suppliers scheduled for 4pm today.

"Hey, Bella," Freen called out, and I looked up to meet her gaze. "Do you remember me?" she asked.

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Did she think I'm like the girl from "50 First Dates," who forgets everything after a day?

"You're my boss, Ms. Chankimha," I replied, unsure of what she was getting at.

"Ugh." Freen rolled her eyes and plopped down on her swivel chair. "Such a moron," she muttered under her breath.

What did she expect me to remember? I barely know her, and it was only Nam who introduced her to me. If Nam hadn't given me her background information, I would never have known her name since she didn't bother introducing herself.

"Ms. Chankimha, you have a 4pm meeting today with other suppliers," I reminded her.

Freen nodded dismissively and motioned for me to leave her sight. So I walked out and headed to the pantry to grab a cup of coffee for her.

"I'm glad to see you here," a friendly voice greeted me. "I'm Potida, but people call me Chompoo."

I looked over and smiled at her sweet tone. She seemed really cute.

"I'm glad to have this job too," I replied.

"Ms. Chankimha is always angry with her secretary. It's unusual not to hear her yelling early in the morning," Chompoo chuckled as she prepared her own coffee.

"Does Ms. Chankimha get angry every day? Like, is it a daily thing?" I asked, my eyebrows knitting together.

"Hm," she nodded. "Her secretary always ends up in tears, and they never last more than a week. That's why all the employees are betting on how long you'll last as her secretary." Chompoo whispered and shook her head.

"Well, bet on more than a week. I'll make it worth it," I said with determination, winking at her.

"Bella!" Freen's voice suddenly rang out, causing Chompoo to quickly leave the pantry.

Freen stormed over to me with enraged eyes, scanning me from head to toe.

"I made you some coffee," I offered, smiling sweetly.

Freen's expression softened, and she accepted the coffee before turning her back to me and leaving the pantry.

Now I know one way to momentarily soften her heart—a coffee made by me.

I chuckled at the thought and shook my head.

Wait, why am I smiling at her cuteness? Damn.

"Anyway, Bella," Freen said as soon as I entered the office to continue my tasks. "Let's meet Mr. Park at the club tonight. Do you drink?" Freen asked.

"No, I'm a lightweight. I get drunk easily," I replied.

Freen smiled and nodded, which only puzzled me further.

"Good, then let's not drink," she said, smiling at me for the first time.

I felt a tinge of unease. What was she planning? Besides, most clubs didn't open until 7pm.

"Do I really have to go with you, Ms.?" I innocently asked.

I hated going to clubs. The last time I got wasted, I ended up getting pregnant.

"You're my secretary, so yes, you should be there," Freen replied, reverting back to her usual blank expression. "Are you scared?" she asked.

I shook my head quickly, trying to appear fearless.

"Okay, I'll come with you," I said, pursing my lips.

Freen chuckled and shook her head.

Why was she laughing at me? I hated it.