Chapter 50

Days flew by, and here I am, back in the exact same spot where I first met Becky. Nothing has changed. The familiar wall, the drinks on the counter, the bouncer by the door, and even the bartender serving behind it.

"Ma'am, you've had enough to drink. Should I call your fiancé?" he asked, concerned. I shook my head in response.

"I'm fine. I'll let you know when it's necessary," I replied, my gaze shifting to the empty stool beside me.

I could almost picture Becky sitting there, her smile urging me to put down the bottle and stop drowning my sorrows. But every time I blinked, she vanished, leaving me alone in my despair.

It has been days, and yet I can't seem to move on. The pain she left behind still lingers in my heart. Eating and sleeping have become a struggle. Every time I close my eyes, I see her smiling face. She seems to be everywhere I look.

"Damn it, Becky. What have you done to me?" I muttered, my voice filled with anguish, as I poured myself another glass of vodka.

With a heavy sigh, I glanced up, willing the tears not to fall. I'm lost, unsure of what to do with my life now. In just three days, I'll be marrying Saint.

Becky hasn't called or messaged me. Maybe it's for the best. If she reached out, I fear I would easily forgive her.

I still can't comprehend how she could deceive me, lying to my face despite all the kindness I showed her throughout our relationship. I always put her first, making her the center of my world.

"Ma'am, I'll call Mr. Saint now," the bartender interrupted my thoughts. I nodded, realizing I've had enough and needing someone to vent my frustrations on.

Saint arrived at the club and escorted me home. He guided me to the couch and sighed heavily upon seeing my disheveled state.

But Becky never looked at me like this when I was drunk. She would take care of me, washing my face and helping me sleep peacefully.

"Stop this, Freen. This is what you wanted, right? So quit acting so fragile," Saint scolded, his frustration evident in his voice.

"Are you saying it's all my fault?" I retorted. "You're the one who fooled me, Saint. If only you had been honest from the start and told me you were in love with Becky, maybe none of this would have happened!" I yelled, my anger flaring.

"It's been a month, Freen! Becky has already left the city! She's gone! So stop pretending to be heartbroken when you're the one who pushed her away!" he shouted back, his voice filled with frustration. "It's your pride, Freen!"

His words sobered me up instantly. I scoffed, feeling the weight of his accusation.

"Wow," I scoffed. "Now I'm the one in the wrong? She approached me with malicious intent, yet I'm the bad guy here?" I asked in disbelief.

"Becky has already apologized! She professed her love for you, right in front of me. We've been together since college, and she never begged me to stay, not even when we broke up! Becky loves you deeply, Freen. She loves you more than me, and that's what makes me furious!" he yelled again, running his fingers through his hair in frustration. "Tomorrow, your mother is coming here, so you should clean yourself up and look presentable." Saint stormed off into the other room.

Ever since I agreed to marry him, I've been staying at his house for days. I can't help but wonder if Becky visited my house before she left. Did she leave a letter for me? Did she bid her final farewell?

Why is life so unfair? I'm the one who was hurt, yet I still wish for her well-being.

"Becky..." I choked on my words, clutching my chest as tears streamed down my face. Seated on the cold floor, I cried out, "Why did you leave and give up so easily? I got angry just once, yet you left. Why didn't you try to reach me when I was waiting for you all this time? Why, Becky?"

Exhausted, I lay down on the frigid floor, allowing the tears to flow freely. The only light I could see was the faint glow of the fluorescent bulbs. I'll rest for now, hoping that tomorrow she'll return. I hope she'll come back to tell me that we can escape this world together.