Chapter 63

Last night, Freen was really upset with me, so she made me sleep in one of the guest rooms. She didn't talk to me until morning, and she even left for school with Becken without saying goodbye.

Mr. Chankimha asked me why Freen was acting that way, and I told him it might be because it was her time of the month. But deep down, I knew the real reason for her sulking.

You see, Freen wanted to sleep with me for a few days now, but I didn't let her get away with something naughty. It wasn't a huge problem, but I knew I had to make things right with her soon.

Heading to my office alone since Freen had some other errands, I asked my secretary to bring me all the paperwork I needed to sign. Just then, there was a knock on the door. I gave permission to enter, and to my surprise, it was Saint.

"Good morning, Ms. Armstrong," Saint greeted me with a smile. It was nice to see him again after the wedding.

"Hey, dumplings," I replied, using my nickname for him. "Nice to see you too."

I hadn't seen Saint since the wedding, as he had said he'd come back to see my wedding with Freen. But he was back earlier than expected, and I figured he must need something.

"Dumplings? Is it because you dumped me?" he joked, clutching his chest as if he were hurt.

I rolled my eyes and took a seat in my swivel chair while offering him the couch to sit on.

"I call you dumplings because you look like one. Your cheeks are getting puffier every year. Even Becken has that cute chubby-cheek look," I teased.

Saint laughed, "That means he's getting more handsome each year."

"Alright, what do you want?" I asked, getting to the point.

"Nothing, just wanted to check on you. Heard you became the CEO, so I came to visit," he explained.

"Why didn't you tell me you were coming beforehand?" I inquired.

"So you would come to the office and I could surprise you," Saint replied playfully. "But seriously, how are things going with you and Freen? I heard you guys haven't been talking since last night."

Wait, how did he know about that?

"I didn't do anything wrong. Maybe it was her who did something," I said, trying to downplay my part in the situation.

Saint looked concerned, "That's not like Freen. If she's at fault, she usually tries to make up right away. She wouldn't let someone sleep without making amends."

"You're talking like you really know her well," I remarked, playing with my pen while waiting for his answer.

"She's my ex-fiancée, Becky. We were together for eight years, in case you forgot," Saint reminded me. He then moved closer and asked if he could give me a hug. I nodded, and we embraced.

Just as we were hugging, the office door swung open, revealing Freen holding a bouquet. She glanced at me and then at Saint.

"Freen..." I called out her name.

Instead of walking out, Freen hit Saint with the bouquet, and he shielded himself with his arms.

"Freen, calm down!" I intervened, taking away the damaged bouquet.

"What's wrong with you?" Saint asked, brushing off petals from his suit. "Do you want a hug too?" He playfully tried to hug Freen, but I gave him a stern look, and he stepped back.

"What are you doing here?" Freen asked in a calmer tone. She didn't seem angry anymore.

"I heard you two got promoted, so I came to congratulate you. I thought you'd welcome me warmly," Saint sighed. "One of you welcomed me with harsh words, and the other one hit me with a bouquet."

"I just told you that you look like dumplings!" I explained.

"Still the same old Becky!" He teased back.

"So you're not here to flirt with Becky?" Freen asked, raising an eyebrow.

Saint burst out laughing, shaking his head. "Why would I do that? I'll only swoop in if you neglect her, Freen. So, make sure you won't neglect her. Got it?"

Freen nodded approvingly and motioned for Saint to leave the office. He smiled at me and waved, but I refrained from waving back since Freen might not appreciate it.

Once Saint left, Freen glared at me.

"I'm still sulking!" she said before leaving the room again.

Wait, didn't she come here to make up? Why is she leaving again?

"Babe!" I called out after her.