Chapter 73

Multiple rings from Freen's phone jolted us awake in the morning. I wasn't sure who it was, but the urgency in the continuous ringing caught our attention.

"Hello?" Freen answered, clearly puzzled and a bit annoyed by the early hour. "What do you mean complain?" she questioned, getting out of bed.

Grabbing her bag and iPad from the bedside table, Freen checked the news. Her construction supply business was making headlines due to a complaint.

"I've never seen that person before. Who is that?" Freen inquired. "Non, you know I don't handle clients directly. The girl in the video isn't me."

Watching the video again, Freen noticed the person looked just like her, even wearing the same uniform.

"Of course I wouldn't do that! Flirting with a client? Ridiculous! I have a wife, Non. My wife is incredibly beautiful. Why would I cheat?" she exclaimed, visibly upset.

Confused about the situation, I looked it up online. There was a complaint about the owner of a construction company flirting with a client. The video was recorded by the client's wife.

"Tell me the guy's name, and I'll check every receipt. Right now, Non. This is ruining my day," Freen said, sounding panicked as she searched for her keys and jacket.

"Freen," I called out to her.

Freen glanced at me, her emotions softening as if she found someone who believed in her.

"Babe, believe me. It wasn't me in the video. That girl wasn't me," Freen explained, tears welling up as she stood by my side.

"I believe you. Remember why my secretary thanked me? It's likely the same scenario, Freen. People shouldn't trust everything they see online," I reassured her. "Is Non still on the line?" I asked.

Freen nodded, passing me her phone. I talked to Non instead.

"Non, find someone who can help identify the uploader and get an expert to analyze the video for evidence that it's fake. Can you do that?" I requested.

"Yes, Becky. I'll handle it all. Thanks for the info," Non responded, and I returned the phone to Freen.

"I don't get it. I'm not famous. Why are people trying to ruin me?" Freen pondered. "It's fine if they target my business, but I'm worried about Becken seeing all of this," she expressed her concern.

"Becken won't believe anything without a reliable source. Don't worry; he's smart and understanding," I assured her, patting her shoulder as she snuggled up to me.

"Sorry, I panicked," Freen apologized. "I just don't want to hurt your feelings. I won't cheat, babe. I would never do that."

"I know," I replied with a smile. "I'm too beautiful to resist, right?" I teased.

Freen pouted and nodded. "And you're too precious. I didn't defy my parents for nothing. I didn't ruin my billion-dollar wedding for nothing."

"You're too good to be true, you know that?" I remarked.

Freen furrowed her brows, looking at me sincerely. "I'm not good. I'm just giving you what you deserve."

My heart fluttered once again. Okay, Freen. You're making me fall for you all over again.

a/n: To my remaining followers and readers and silent readers, I just want to say I salute you all. Thank you for staying. This kind of feeling will end soon and I know the pain you feel.

Some readers asked me if I'm okay if I only have 10 votes and that made me laugh. I started writing FTLOHD without followers or readers. I write for FreenBecky. Some people offered me to write on their platform but I turned it all down. I don't want to change my characters. I wrote this for FreenBecky and this will stay as FreenBecky.

Don't worry, I won't sign off as a writer. This also gives me motivation to make more AUs not just in Wattpad but also in Tiktok.

I will never stop making stories for FB (but if I'm busy I'll stop updating of course, haha.) I'm not mad at those who left or who will leave. I'm still thankful that we once had you in our fandom.

Tomorrow, I hope I can be myself again. No more pain, no more anxiety attack and no more blues chos haha.

I love you all! We'll stay forever with FreenBecky okay? Maybe one day, when the time is right, maybe just maybe, they will realize that they are meant for each other. If that day won't come, I'm still glad because they will always be my sunshine and my reason to keep going.

Let's sleep lovies. Let me send you warm hugs!