Chapter 76

Becken stayed in the car while I waited for Freen and Faye to talk. They were still at it, and I could sense that Faye was being really rude.

The way she spoke to Freen as if they were on the same level, with no respect, and rolling her eyes from time to time. Freen noticed it too, but she chose not to say anything. If I were her mother, I'd have a serious talk with her.

I wondered how Freen could still talk to this child who showed her no respect at all.

"Where's your mother? I mean your auntie?" Freen asked.

"Can't you see she's not here? If I knew where she was, I wouldn't be stuck with you," she replied, gulping down the juice Freen bought for her.

If she answered like that again, I swear I'd give her a piece of my mind. Freen was just trying to be nice.

"Amanda is working nearby. She should be here soon," Heng said behind me, making me jump.

I hit his chest and glared at him, but he seemed hurt. Then he went near Faye, and she seemed all friendly with him.

"Are you here to pick me up, Mr. Rich?" Faye asked sweetly.

So, she knew Heng was rich, and that's why she acted nicely? That's not cool. Didn't she already know she was Freen's daughter? Why did she push Becken without reason?

"No, I'm here to wait for your auntie too. Did she tell you something?" Heng asked, and she shook her head.

"Auntie is always late," Faye replied.

"Faye?" Someone called her name from behind me, and Faye rolled her eyes when she saw the woman. "Heng? Freen?"

Faye's eyes widened when she heard Freen's name. She knew Freen's name but not her face? Is she clueless? They look so alike!

My hands clenched into fists, and I decided to go back to the car. I watched them from inside because I couldn't stand Faye's behavior.

Looking at Becken through the rearview mirror, I noticed he was busy reading a book. His mini phone rang, and he quickly answered it.

"Yes, dad?" he asked, making me widen my eyes.

Did he just call Saint "dad"? My heart raced, and I observed his expression. It seemed like Saint was telling him to do something, as Becken kept nodding.

"Yes, I will. We're still here at school," he said, putting the phone on his shoulder as he continued reading and talking to Saint at the same time. "Okay, I love you too." He put back his phone inside his bag and then noticed me looking at him.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" I asked.

Becken smiled and nodded. "Dad just reminded me to take my meds on time. He's worried."

"Don't worry. They'll be done talking soon," I replied, smiling back at him.

Freen got back in the car with a smile on her face. She even whistled while driving, and Becken sighed.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Amanda told Faye everything. She knows I'm her real mother now. But it'll still take a week before I can bring her home," Freen explained.

"You're bringing Faye home?" I asked.

"Yeah, why?" she said, glancing at me briefly before focusing on driving.

"Aren't you going to do a DNA test?" I inquired.

Freen chuckled and shook her head. "Faye looks like me, Becky. There's no doubt she's my daughter. Right, Becken? You'll have a sister soon," Freen said, smiling at him through the rearview mirror.

Becken didn't seem thrilled, but he still smiled. It's hard to be happy when the person who put you in the hospital will soon share the same roof as you.

I'm worried about my son.