Chapter 79

I walked into our room after dinner, and there was Freen, just done with her bath. She smiled wearily as she saw me.

"Feeling tired?" I asked, motioning for her to sit on the bed so I could give her a massage.

"Hm," she replied, accepting my offer.

As I placed my hands on her shoulders, she reached out and kissed the back of my hand. Then she sighed and looked at me before planting a delicate kiss on my lips.

"Dad doesn't want to accept Faye. He keeps comparing her to Becken. Mom stayed silent during our office conversation earlier," Freen shared with a worried expression. "I don't know how to make him accept her."

"Dad loves Becken because he sees potential in him. Why not give Faye a chance to prove herself?" I suggested.

"I spoke to Faye's teacher. She said Faye isn't as academically smart as Becken. That's why I'm afraid, Becky. She'll never be like Becken," Freen said, lowering her head and sighing.

"It's alright, babe. We can teach her, right? Just like I taught Becken to be responsible," I reassured her, rubbing her back.

"That's not easy, babe," Freen looked at me, licking her lips. "I don't know where to start. Faye grew up without much guidance. She thought everything she did was right and deserved."

"Then Faye didn't really grow up in a nurturing home, Freen. It'll take time, but she'll learn manners eventually," I comforted her, continuing to rub her back. "Besides, Faye grew up without a mother. Without someone guiding her. Understand her for a while, Freen. Faye had a hard time too before she met you."

Freen smiled at me and nodded, then she pulled me close for a deeper kiss. But our moment was interrupted when we heard Becken outside.

"Mommy?" Becken's voice came through the door.

Freen quickly sat up, and I got off the bed to open the door.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" I asked, looking into his eyes.

"I can't sleep. Can I sleep here?" he asked, looking at Freen.

Freen nodded, and I smiled at her, allowing Becken to enter the room. He climbed onto the bed and snuggled up with Freen.

"You missed me?" Freen asked him.

"So much," Becken whispered, burying his face in her chest.

I laid down and hugged them both, but then the door opened again, and we saw Faye.

"Are you okay?" Freen asked her.

Becken let go of Freen and looked at Faye too.

"I can't sleep. I'm sleeping here," Faye declared, moving towards the bed and squeezing in between Becken and Freen, accidentally hitting Becken's face in the process.

"These two can't sleep together," I said to Freen.

"Yeah, let's move to the next room," Freen said, motioning for Faye to stand, but she refused.

"It's fine, I'll just sleep in grandpa's room," Becken offered, smiling at us before leaving and closing the door behind him.

Faye hugged Freen as if nothing had happened, while Freen looked at me with concern, saying, "Sorry."

I nodded slowly, gazing at the door. This situation couldn't continue. Becken was getting hurt because of Faye. These two children should never be in the same house together.

a/n: I'm planning to self-publish this book for myself and for "some" of FreenBecky fans near me. I'll only publish 5 copies, 1 for me and 4 for others. But I'm still thinking twice if is it worth it. T.T Helppp.