Chapter 9

"What happened last night?" Freen asked as she buttoned her wrinkle-free crop top that I had removed the previous night. "Did something happen?" she inquired again.

"Do I look like someone who would take advantage of you?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

We were still in Nam's kitchen. Nam had taken Becken to her parents' place, so I could have Freen around the house without any worries.

"Some girls take advantage of other girls," she said, stuttering. "Didn't you know that?" she asked.

I handed her the coffee I had made, and she accepted it. I crossed my arms as I watched her take a sip.

"Why are you aware of that? Have you ever taken advantage of a girl?" I asked.

Freen coughed, putting the coffee down quickly. I handed her a towel to wipe the coffee off her hands.

"You're so clumsy," I commented.

"Hey, why are you talking to me like that? Did you forget that I'm your boss?" Freen asked, her voice rising.

I rolled my eyes and looked at her.

"Did you forget that you're in my house?" I retorted.

Freen glanced around and sighed. She had forgotten about that part.

"Anyway, do you know of a restaurant near my office?" she asked.

"Why? I can find one for you. Do you need a venue for a meeting?" I asked in response.

Freen shook her head. "My father told me to find a restaurant for my dinner date with my boyfriend."

My heart sank as soon as I heard her reason. Even though it was her father's decision, it still hurt. What if Saint already likes her? She's not just mean; she's beautiful, rich, and intelligent. She's one of a kind. Any man would fall for her charm.

"Hey, earth to Bella," Freen called me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Ah, yes, I'll find one for you. What time?" I asked.

"By 8 p.m. after work, and please come with me," Freen requested, forcing a smile as she finished her coffee.

***

Time passed, and now we were meeting Saint at a nearby restaurant. I had told Freen that I would stay in the kitchen to help the chef, even though I didn't have much cooking skills. I just wanted to hide from Saint.

I desperately wanted to see him, but not like this. I was afraid he wouldn't remember me or would reject me in front of Freen.

Freen is his girlfriend now. She's so much better than me.

"Ma'am, aren't you going to join them? The man you're waiting for has already arrived," the waiter told me, and I simply nodded.

I left the kitchen and hid behind one of the pillars. I probably looked like a stalker, but I didn't care. Seeing Saint from afar was enough for me.

Saint spoke to Freen formally, and I could sense a distance between them. They weren't affectionate like other couples on a date. They simply ate and talked. No one smiled until they finished their dinner.

Saint stood up first and answered a phone call. He said something to Freen, and she nodded. Then Saint kissed Freen's forehead and left the restaurant.

Freen leaned back in her chair and let out a sigh, as if their date hadn't been successful. Even I didn't find it satisfying since nothing special happened.

Freen and I locked eyes. I was frozen in place. She rolled her eyes and called the waiter to order some drinks before motioning for me to sit in Saint's seat.

"Isn't he coming back?" I asked.

"My boyfriend is always busy with work. He barely makes time for me," she answered.

When I was with Saint, he always made time for me, even if he had a client. Does that mean he doesn't like Freen?

A/N: I wasn't planning to publish this  chapter but someone sent me a dm about this plot. I just want to clarify that I didn't copy anyone's work and it was a pure coincidence. Besides, I haven't read the book you were talking about. Also, this story is not yet finished so you're not sure if I really copy the plot of that book. As a reader who knows my way of writing, I think you already know how many plot twists I always include in my story.

PS. If you read the same plot twist/words as mine after finishing this book (if they published it before I published mine) tell me. And I'm willing to delete this story. Thank you.