Chapter 37

Freen stayed until night, but the next morning her mother called to inform her that her father had been hospitalized. I had forgotten that her father had a heart disease, which was the reason why she wanted Freen to get married immediately.

However, after a month, Freen still hadn't returned. She hadn't called or messaged me to let me know what was happening, but I continued to wait.

She had waited for me for seven years, so waiting a few more months for her wouldn't hurt. But as time passed, I began to feel afraid.

I wanted to tell Saint, my ex-boyfriend, that I was in love with Freen once he came back. But I wondered how Freen would react if she found out that her fiancé was my ex.

"Mummy, why are you crying?" Becken asked when he saw me inside my room. "Do you miss daday too?" he asked and climbed onto my lap.

I nodded and forced a smile. "Yes, I miss your daday so much."

Becken wiped my tears and kissed my cheeks. "Daday is busy with work. Remember what she said before she left?"

I furrowed my brows and looked at him. "What did she say?"

"She didn't say anything," he giggled and hugged me tightly. "But daday is busy, and we need to understand that."

After our conversation, I prepared myself to go to work. It had been a month, and Freen hadn't returned to work. Someone had replaced her as the CEO temporarily for unknown reasons.

"Did you hear the news? Miss Freen is going to marry her fiancé soon," Chompoo said to the other employees in the cafeteria. "But she doesn't seem happy."

"Didn't you know that Miss Freen likes women? That's why she's not happy," another employee rolled her eyes at Chompoo.

"But her fiancé is so cool. He's handsome, kind, intelligent, and filthy rich. That guy is perfect," Chompoo mentioned, smiling widely.

"Here you go again, fantasizing about Sir Saint. If the new CEO hears you, you'll get fired," the girl with blonde hair reminded her.

"What's wrong with having dreams? At least in my imagination, we're together," Chompoo said, taking her seat.

They noticed that I was being quiet, so Chompoo looked at me and lifted my chin. She stared into my eyes, concerned.

"Are you okay? Did the new CEO do something to you?" Chompoo asked.

The new CEO wasn't that cruel, but their conversation hurt me. I felt sad for Freen. She didn't deserve this. She had been working hard for her family, yet she was being forced to marry Saint.

I wondered if she still smiled now. Was she okay? Was she doing well?

"I'm fine," I replied with a bitter smile.

"I also noticed that you and Miss Freen seemed close while working together. If you want to see her, she will be at a boutique later. I overheard the CEO mentioning it on the phone," Chompoo said.

It was the first time Chompoo had said something positive. She used to badmouth Freen all the time.

"Which boutique?" I asked.

"I'll send you the address. You can go now," Chompoo motioned for me to leave, and I thanked her.

As soon as I received the address, I hurried to the boutique. It was located beside the highway and had a glass wall, allowing me to see inside.

I peered inside, hoping to catch a glimpse of Freen and see if she was okay. But my heart sank when I saw her, wearing a wedding gown and smiling brightly.

She looked stunning in the gown, and she seemed excited. I wondered what she was thinking. Was she happy about her upcoming wedding? I wanted her to be happy, but not at the cost of my own heartache.