Chapter 75

Weeks flew by, and finally, Becken was discharged from the hospital. To celebrate, Saint, Mr. Chankimha, and I took Becken to school, while Freen and I decided to get some gifts for him at the mall.

As we strolled through the mall, Freen spotted someone she recognized and immediately went after him. I hurriedly followed her and saw her confront a man, grabbing his collar with fury in her eyes.

"Where have you been?" she asked, her voice seething with anger.

The man looked startled when he saw us. Wait, I remembered him! He's Heng, the doctor from the hospital that day!

"What do you want?" Heng asked, removing Freen's hand from his shirt. "And why are you two together?"

"So you remember me?" I asked, and without thinking, I punched him in the face, causing gasps from the onlookers.

Freen stopped me, though I could tell she was trying not to grin.

"Why'd you do that?" Heng questioned, wiping the blood from his nose.

"Let's talk somewhere private," Freen suggested, grabbing his collar again.

We attracted quite a crowd, so we made our way to a nearby café since we didn't have a choice. Freen handed Heng a napkin so he could clean up the blood from my punch.

"Explain," Freen demanded.

"Explain what?" Heng looked puzzled.

"Do you want me to punch you again?" I threatened.

Heng shook his head and sighed. He looked down and finally spoke up.

"Ask me questions; I don't know where to start," he admitted.

"Where's my embryo? We found out the child Becky carried wasn't mine," Freen said, her frustration evident.

"Who's Becky?" Heng furrowed his brow. "You're Becky?"

I nodded, glaring at him.

"Alright," he continued. "During the procedure, my assistant mistakenly mixed up your embryo. There were two embryos meant for a patient named Bella, and the other one was inviable. I mistakenly thought it was yours since it had been there for days, so I placed the viable in the real Bella."

"Why did I end up pregnant then?" I asked, feeling my anger rising again.

"One of the doctors questioned why I had two patients in the same room, which was against the rules. So, I lied and said you were a surrogate mother. I didn't expect them to dig into your files and find out the truth. They knew Saint, so I said he was the one who hired you. I did it to save my career," Heng confessed.

"You're selfish," I said, feeling a mix of anger and disappointment. "You ruined a teenage girl's life just to protect yourself? You could have come up with a better explanation!"

Freen put a calming hand on my back as people stared, but I didn't care. I was furious.

"I'm sorry, okay?" Heng looked down and sighed.

"So, you're saying you put my embryo in another woman?" Freen asked, trying to control her emotions. "Where is she?"

"The woman who carried your child passed away after giving birth," Heng revealed, causing my heart to pound. "Bella gave your child to her sister Amanda, and she raised her, but not in the best way..."

"What do you mean?" I asked, feeling a mix of curiosity and worry.

"Amanda is extremely busy, working hard 24/7 to support her family and Freen's child. She neglected the child's needs. When I found her, your daughter, she was just like you, from her face to her manners. She lacked manners, Freen," Heng said, avoiding eye contact.

So it was her nature to hurt Becken because she wasn't raised properly.

"Where is my daughter?" Freen asked.

"She goes to the same school as your son. Didn't you know?" Heng inquired. "And what about you, Becky? Did you know?"

"No," I lied. "Becken mentioned that he saw someone. It must have been her, Freen."

"Then let's go," Freen said, grabbing my arm.

We left Heng and headed to the school. It was the end of the school day, and students were leaving. Becken looked surprised to see Freen, but when he went to hug her, she walked past him and went straight to Faye.

"She already knew?" Becken asked, looking hurt.

I nodded slowly while observing Freen talking to the girl.

"Will she still be my Daday?" Becken asked, lowering his head.

I sighed and nodded. He must be hurting with everything that's happening. He couldn't accept that Freen was no longer solely his Daday.

"From now on, you'll have to share your Daday," I said with a smile.

"She was never really mine to begin with, Mommy. I already knew everything. Uncle Saint is my real dad. She's not my Daday. Not anymore, mom, not anymore," Becken said, turning his back.

The truth was out, and now we had to face the consequences.

a/n: Last chapter for today. I need to finish the CBL of our organization (it's urgent, so yeah haha). I'll update tomorrow.