Chapter 36

I woke up alone in bed, so I headed to the living room. How could they not wake me up?

"Mommy, you're awake!" Becken hugged me the moment I stepped into the dining room.

Since the kitchen and dining room were connected, I spotted Freen cooking and laughing at Becken's reaction.

"Good morning, baby." I greeted Becken and turned to Freen. "Aren't you going to work?" I asked.

"No," she replied. "I asked someone to bring some work here. I'll go to work tomorrow," she explained.

I nodded and sat down. Becken was busy playing while waiting for Freen. Suddenly, he tidied up all his toys and set the table.

"I'll do it," I said, trying to grab the plates, but he shook his head.

"This is my duty, mommy. You carried me for many months. It's my turn to help you," he said.

I laughed at his response. I hadn't even told him about that.

When everything was ready, I called Nam to join us for dinner, which she did.

"Dad..." Becken interrupted himself. "Can I call you Dad?" he asked Freen.

All of us fell silent at his sudden question.

"You can call me something better than that," Freen said with a smile.

"Daddy?" Becken asked.

Freen tilted her head. "Something better than that," she said again.

"Daddiest?"

We all coughed at his question, even Nam. Who would call their dad "Daddiest?" I squinted at Freen for not directly telling Becken what she wanted to be called.

"Fine," Freen said, laughing. "Call me Daday, is that okay?"

Becken nodded cheerfully and continued eating.

After breakfast, Freen and Becken washed the dishes together, and their playful antics caused a bit of a mess. Nam scolded both of them, and now they were facing the wall.

"How much longer do we have to stand here?" Freen pouted at me.

I checked my watch, and it was already 10 a.m., so I told them they could shower now.

"Do you want to go shopping with Daday?" Freen asked Becken.

"No," Becken shook his head. "I have a schedule today. I'm building a house here," he said and went into his room.

Freen turned to me with a puzzled look, and I shrugged my shoulders. We peeked into Becken's room and saw him carefully selecting the colors of his blocks before starting to build the foundation.

"Does he know how to build a sturdy foundation?" she asked.

I nodded and smiled while watching Becken.

"That's the only thing he inherited from you," I said.

Freen shook her head. "Saint knew that better than me," she said without thinking.

I was taken aback. Freen looked at me and kissed my cheeks, then smiled.

"Sorry, I won't mention it again." Freen took my hand and kissed my forehead.

I hated the thought that Becken wasn't my child. I still feared that one day I might lose him.

And for the first time, I despised myself for getting involved with either Freen or Saint.

"Are you still mad?" Freen asked and I shook my head. "Let's go to your room. We have lots of work to do." She winked at me and pulled me.