Chapter 34

Becken was being overly attached to Freen, even inviting her to play with his new toys in the living room.

Over the years, Becken acted mature around me, but now he seemed completely different in front of Freen, like a gentle and innocent lamb. He even pretended he couldn't carry all his toys, despite having carried two boxes earlier.

I observed them playing together, marveling at their closeness. Becken reverted to acting like a child, and Freen seemed genuinely fond of him. I guess he realized that with Freen around, he didn't have to put on a grown-up act for the family. I must have done a good job raising Becken, I thought to myself.

"Becky, can we talk?" Nam asked, pulling me into the kitchen to ensure our conversation remained private.

"What's up?" I inquired.

"I don't think this is a good idea, Becky. You know what I mean," she expressed her concern.

Confused, I furrowed my eyebrows and shook my head. "Can you please explain? I'm having trouble understanding you."

Nam reached out for my hands and let out a sigh. She looked at me with a serious expression, pursing her lips.

"Saint has already seen Becken, and he knows that I've been in contact with you. Maybe he even suspects that Becken is his son," Nam explained.

"So?" I responded, not fully grasping her point.

"I believe Saint has accepted Becken as your son. You don't need to find someone else who will accept him. You've been waiting for him for eight years, right? Well, he's here now, Becky. He's willing to fight for you," she said reassuringly. "I know you still love him. You can't just throw away the years you've spent together for someone you've only known for a few months."

I wanted to tell Nam that Saint was Becken's father. But revealing that Becken was actually Saint's child would only lead her to push me towards marrying him instead.

Ever since the beginning, I had been grateful to Nam for her unwavering support through thick and thin. However, I couldn't let her make decisions for me.

"But I've failed in my mission, Nam. I've fallen in love with Freen," I confessed.

Nam slapped her own forehead in disappointment. I knew she would react this way. But out of everyone, I had hoped she would understand me.

"If that's the case, does Freen know that Saint is your ex? Does she know that you were the woman he was in love with?" she asked, sounding frustrated.

I shook my head. "I haven't told her yet," I replied honestly.

"Oh, shoot, Becky!" she exclaimed. "What if Freen finds out? It'll be a disaster."

"I know, that's why I'm still contemplating," I said, feeling overwhelmed.

"Becky, you've complicated the situation. If only you had chosen Saint and waited for him, none of this would have happened. Perhaps Freen wouldn't be hurt, and you and Becken could have lived a peaceful life without all this confusion. What if Becken starts questioning why he resembles Saint?" Nam explained, running her fingers through her hair. "I don't know what to do, Becky. I'll leave the decision to you. I just hope you won't end up hurting yourself." Nam left the kitchen, leaving me with troubling thoughts.

I realized I needed to tell Freen the truth, but fear still gripped me. Damn, what should I do?