Chapter 10

"Another bottle, please!" Freen raised her hand, signaling for another bottle of vodka.

She had been drinking for a while now, and she had already finished two bottles. She had challenged me to drink with her, but I declined, explaining that I couldn't handle alcohol well since I'm a lightweight.

"No, ignore her," I said to the waiter, intervening and preventing Freen from ordering more.

Freen giggled and playfully tried to raise her other hand whenever I pulled one down. Her laughter indicated that she was clearly drunk.

She's drunk again. Ugh, why does she enjoy feeling hungover?

Despite her weight surprising me, I managed to carry Freen to her car. She wanted to return to the restaurant, but I managed to dissuade her and we eventually got into her car. However, I wasn't sure what to do next.

Should I call Saint? No, he might find Freen bothersome. Plus, I didn't want him to discover that I worked as Freen's secretary.

I turned on Freen's GPS and fortunately found a saved address. Presumably, it was her house.

I drove us to her place and helped her inside. Unsure of her room's location, I settled for laying her down on the couch.

Should I leave her here? I need to get back to my son. But if I leave Freen here, she might fall off the couch.

"Why do you still look so attractive even when you're tipsy?" I asked her, gently moving her hair away from her face.

Sitting on the floor, I leaned against the couch to support Freen in case she stirred.

"I'm not tipsy," she replied.

I chuckled and nodded. I stroked her hair, waiting for her to fall asleep, but she struggled to keep her eyes open.

"Don't try to keep your eyes open. Just go to sleep," I advised. "I won't leave tonight." I reassured her.

"Promise you won't leave?" she pleaded, her eyes still attempting to open.

"Yes," I said, chuckling.

"The last time you promised, you broke it," she said, causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"I didn't leave you last night. Remember waking up next to me?" I asked.

Freen shook her head like a stubborn child rejecting unwanted food.

"You left me," she whispered. "So, don't leave me again."

I smiled and nodded. It seemed she perceived me as someone who truly cared.

That someone must be incredibly lucky because even now, Freen remembers and searches for her. Freen continues to hold on, even though that person is no longer present. I hope Saint is like Freen.

My phone beeped, interrupting my thoughts. It was a text from Nam, asking if I would come home tonight.

I glanced at Freen, who was clutching my vest tightly, afraid that I might leave her.

I texted Nam back, explaining that I couldn't come home due to work. I couldn't abandon Freen tonight; she looked so vulnerable.

Seeing her in pain tugged at my heart. Should I still proceed with my plan? She's already hurting because of the person she constantly thinks about. Should I add to her anguish?