Chapter 65

"What happened? Did he tell you?" Freen asked when I entered the room; she had just finished showering.

"He saw someone. That's it. He'll only tell me if he's sure," I explained and sat on the edge of the bed.

Freen sat beside me, furrowing her brows while drying her hair with a towel.

"He's sure about what?" she asked. "Did he meet someone? But the teacher messaged me a while ago. I think he was being bullied."

"What did the teacher tell you?" I asked.

"Some students said he was lying. That he wasn't my son," Freen said, lowering her head. "I thought being a Chankimha is a privilege for him. I guess he was being bullied because of it. Perhaps, we don't look alike."

My heart began to beat faster, and I sighed nervously. I slowly chuckled and looked at her.

"Your surname doesn't have anything to do with this. Let's just talk to him whenever he's ready. And I think it's better if we could watch him for a while," I suggested, and Freen nodded.

Here I am again, hiding the truth from Freen. The last time I did, it almost ruined both of us.

"Freen," I called her name. "What if the mistake that your friend did..." I sighed.

"What mistake? You mean Heng?" she asked.

I nodded. "What if she put the embryo in other patients? And that's the mistake he made before."

Freen sighed and was taken aback for a moment. She thought deeply before biting her bottom lip.

"That would be impossible. If he happened to exchange it, then why does Becken look like Saint? That wouldn't be possible, babe." Freen smiled and ruffled my hair. "Why? Are you afraid that Becken isn't my son? Whether he is or not, he'll keep my surname. Besides, dad already put his inheritance under his name."

I faked a smile and nodded. "I was just thinking, what if... but I guess that would never happen, right?" I asked.

"Becken is our son, no matter what. Okay? So stop thinking about it. You're making me nervous," she said and pressed her lips on mine. "Let's have dinner."

***

Morning came, and Becken told his grandparents that he would go to school with the driver. He didn't want to bother anyone and asked us to approve his request, which we did.

However, we called the driver after he brought Becken to school, and he reported that Becken had the same behavior as last night.

Last night, he ate with us, but he didn't speak a word. He didn't tell his grandparents about his day and remained silent until he finished his homework.

He must have been thinking about the girl. I knew deep inside me that Becken is Freen's son. If not, then why does he look like Saint? It's impossible for Saint to donate sperm to two women, right?

I'm still holding on to that fact. I wish she just looked like Freen. I hope they are not related.

"Ma'am, you're spacing out again." Mariel chuckled and handed me the files I needed to sign. "Ever since you came this morning, you looked unwell. Do you mind if I ask what's happening?" she asked worriedly.

"It's fine. What time is it?" I asked.

"Five in the afternoon. You don't have meetings onwards, ma'am." Mariel reminded me, but I shook my head.

"It's not that," I replied. "I'm going to fetch Becken."

"Your son? But Ms. Chankimha rushed outside when you were in the meeting earlier. She said she's going to Becken. She also left her phone." Mariel reported.

I stood up and furrowed my brow. I immediately went to her office and saw her phone. It was open, so I looked at the message from the teacher and was shocked at what I saw.

Becken is in the hospital. Someone pushed him, and his head hit the ground.