Chapter 87

It's tough to keep pushing forward.

It's tough to act like I haven't known her from the board meetings.

It's tough seeing her not trying to bridge the gap between us.

It felt as though we'd really broken up.

Freen began to keep her distance, yet I could sense her gaze during our meetings. Even on site visits, she'd keep an eye on me but wouldn't speak.

I suppose she was genuinely giving me the space I asked for. She had truly accepted my decision.

"Miss, are you sure you're not going to the dinner later with Ms. Chankimha? She needs to discuss something really important with you," Mariel interrupted as I reviewed proposals.

"Is it truly urgent? I've got to finish all of this before tomorrow," I replied, my attention divided.

"Ms. Chankimha mentioned that she can't delay this any longer because she's heading to Spain for months. There's a major project there, and her presence is crucial," Mariel explained, and I nodded.

"Alright, send me the location. I'll be there at 7 pm sharp," I agreed without looking up.

Mariel sent me the details, and when the clock struck seven, I organized my desk, grabbed my coat, and left the office.

Upon arrival, there was only one person present besides the waiter.

"You're five minutes late," Freen noted, gesturing for me to sit.

"Apologies, I've got a lot on my plate. What's this about?" I inquired. "I have a late meeting with Mr. Romero, and I need to be there by 9 pm," I reminded her.

"I've acquired Mr. Romero's shares, so he's no longer part of the company. Your meeting is rescheduled. Now, let's talk about us," Freen asserted, pouring wine into my glass.

"What do you want, Ms. Chankimha? Can you get to the point?" I pressed.

"I want you," she said directly. "I want us back."

Her words caught me off guard. "I'm sorry, but if this isn't business-related, I'll excuse myself."

I began to stand, but Freen's stern gaze made me sit back down. I wasn't sure why I felt so uneasy under her stare, but I complied. She moistened her lips and nervously bit her lower lip while studying me.

"I regret what I did before. I'm sorry for not returning sooner. Can we please try again?" Her voice trembled with a hint of desperation.

Is she pleading for me to stay? But what about her affair? Will she leave Amanda like that?

"Freen, I'm not shallow. If you want us to have another shot, then give me your all. I won't settle for being your second choice. I won't be the one waiting for a partner who might never return. I won't let myself be fooled again," I asserted, locking eyes with her.

"If you're not interested, that's fine. But let me prove myself to you once more," she persisted, her determination unwavering. "I remember telling you that if one day your feelings fade, I'll start from square one. I'll make you fall for me again."

I scoffed at her words. "Good luck with that, pal." I stood up, sighing. "We'll talk when you're back from Spain."

Freen arched an eyebrow. "Who said I'm going alone?" she countered. "You're coming with me, whether you like it or not, Rebecca Patricia Armstrong."

My brow furrowed, and Freen's smirk grew.

"I won't let you control me, Freen," I fired back.

"Is that so?" she challenged, a smug grin on her lips. "Best of luck," she murmured, passing by me confidently.

a/n: I WANNA SCREAM RIGHT NOOOOOW. FREENBECKY INTERACTION IN TWITTER IS SOOOOOO ACKKKK

becky posted on twitter

"The sun will shine brighter tomorrow☀️ this year I only have 1 wish, I hope the world is kind to you. Smile a lot, wish you are strong both mind and body🫶🏼 if any day is too heavy it's ok Im always here for you. Just look & you'll see me here.🤏🏻💖 love you na ka 25 Sarochaaaa!!!🐰 "

pfreen replied to becbec🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

"Thank you becbec. Everything only us knows is enough. I'll do my best to be strong both mind and body. You are so grown-up, you can take care of me already but I won't forget to take care of you as much as I can for sure. I'm here like always. I love you Becca"