Chapter 25

"Becky, it's me. Finally, I found you!" Saint approached me and gave me a tight hug.

My body froze as soon as our bodies touched. Why is my body reacting this way? Why do I miss his touch, his voice, and his captivating presence?

Tears welled up in my eyes, and I hugged him back. Why did he come back?

"I missed you so much, baby. I'm glad to see you again," Saint said, planting a gentle kiss on my forehead.

I closed my eyes, letting the tears flow. Saint chuckled and wiped them away.

"I'm sorry," I murmured, burying my face in his chest.

"It's okay. I know you're trying your best to make things right for us. I know it's not easy for you. You don't have to do anything now," he assured me.

I looked at him with a puzzled expression. "What do you mean, I don't have to do anything?" I asked.

"I know you promised me that you'd do anything to get my parents' approval for our relationship. But I'm not a coward anymore, Becky. I'll tell them how much I love you and prove to them that you're the best for me," Saint explained, kissing my eyes. "So, please stop crying."

His words caught me off guard. Is he willing to be with me now?

"But what about your fiancée? Aren't you going to marry her? You've been planning for more than eight years, right?" I inquired.

"Neither Freen nor I want the marriage. I asked her if she agreed not to go through with the wedding, and she told me she had also found someone special. You don't have to worry, Becky," Saint reassured me, smiling.

I wanted to smile too, but I couldn't. How did things end up like this? This wasn't what I expected. I thought Freen and Saint were in love, or at least that's what I believed. But they were both waiting for me. They both loved me.

But who do I love?

I turned to Saint, who had a wide smile on his face. He cupped my cheeks and caressed them gently. I forced a bitter smile and looked away.

"Let's go to Spain together, Becky. Tomorrow, we'll fly to Spain and stay there for three months. And when the wedding date arrives, I'll introduce you to my parents," Saint promised, hugging me again.

I hugged him back, but my mind was still muddled.

"I can't go with you," I replied.

Saint looked at me with furrowed brows, pulling away from the embrace.

"Why? Do you still have something to take care of?" he asked.

"I still have many things to sort out, Saint," I answered. "I need to clarify things. I need time to think."

"Think? Why? Is there someone else you're interested in?" he asked, sadness evident in his eyes. "But Nam told me you were waiting for me."

"I still need time to think. When you come back after three months, I'll give you my answer. Would that be okay?" I asked.

Saint nodded slowly, lowering his head. "I'm scared of your answer, Becky. But I hope you'll say yes." He forced a bitter smile.