Chapter 38

I entered the boutique, even though I didn't plan on buying anything. I simply wanted to see Freen since it had been a month since we last met.

She still looked as stunning as ever, but I noticed she had lost weight. I wondered if she was eating properly.

"Ma'am, would you like to see our designer's sketches? They would look great on you," the sales lady offered, but I declined.

"I'm actually here to see Miss Freen. Can I speak with her?" I asked.

"Miss Freen is inside. Do you have an appointment with her?" she politely inquired.

"Yes, it's regarding the company. I used to be her secretary, and I just want to clarify a few things with her. If she's busy, I can wait here," I replied with a smile.

"I'll inform her right away, ma'am. Since her mother is still speaking with the designer, I believe she can spare a minute for you," the lady said before excusing herself.

I settled on a couch and glanced at the wedding gowns displayed on a mannequin. However, one particular gown caught my eye.

This wedding gown exudes understated elegance. The figure-hugging silhouette features a sheer lace illusion neckline and a sleek satin A-line skirt. A delicate waistband cinches the gown, while a low lace back and a moderate train add a touch of allure. It's a timeless masterpiece that effortlessly captures the essence of grace and sophistication. This gown would suit Freen perfectly.

"Becky?" Freen called out when she spotted me. She was now wearing her Lace-Up Woven-Reyon Blazer paired with Pocket Woven-Reyon Shorts. "What are you doing here?"

I forced a bitter smile and held back tears. After not seeing her for a month, the only question she asked was what I was doing there.

"Your son misses you," I said, feeling the same way myself.

Freen looked around and pulled me into one of the fitting rooms. She checked if it was locked before turning to face me.

I was taken aback by Freen's eager kisses as she pressed me against the mirror. Thankfully, they weren't forceful. I couldn't help but respond to her. She kissed me as if there was no tomorrow, and when she finally pulled away, she leaned her forehead against mine.

"Damn, I missed you so much," she whispered, hugging me tightly.

"What happened, Freen? Why didn't you call or message me? Becken was looking for you, but he tried to understand and convinced himself that you were just busy with work," I said.

Freen sighed and ran her fingers through her hair.

"My dad was hospitalized because of his illness. Now, he wants me to marry Saint as soon as possible. He wants to see me marry him before he's gone," Freen revealed.

What about me? I wanted to ask her that question, but I didn't want to be selfish. I didn't want her to be the reason her father had a heart attack and passed away.

"So, what's your plan?" I asked, my voice trembling. "Should we wait... for you?"

Freen bit her lip and lowered her head. She fiddled with her fingers and looked away, lost in thought.

"It's okay, Freen. Do what your father wants. We'll be fine," I said, trying to sound composed. I turned to leave the fitting room, but she grabbed my arm and pulled me into a hug.

"I'm confused too, Becky. I want to speak up for myself. I want to fight for us, but I can't let my father die. I know if I tell him I'm in love with you, he'll have a heart attack. I don't want to lose both of you," Freen confessed.

"Then choose him, Freen." I smiled weakly and rubbed her back. "Choose him for now. Once he recovers, come to me."

Freen looked at me with a determined expression. She hugged me tightly again. "Thank you, Becky. Thank you."

I knew it wasn't the ideal situation, but I would trust her on this. I would wait for her until she could be with me without any obstacles. I would wait for her until society was ready to accept our love.

a/n: I'm done with this book but the chapters are under proofreading. So, I'll update whenever its done. I hope you'll still read this until the end. Thank you vivies! ♥️