Chapter 26

I went to the office, my mind filled with troubling thoughts. Saint had messaged me, saying he was at the airport and that I should see him in three months for his answer.

I still didn't know what to say. I missed Saint, and I still loved him. But if that's true, then why do I find myself seeking Freen's presence? I can't have romantic feelings for two people at the same time. It's impossible to love them both.

"Why are you just standing there?" I asked Chompoo.

The employees were gathered outside Freen's office, their heads lowered. Some of them trembled, clearly afraid.

"Miss Chankimha came to the office and asked for the papers we were working on. But we hadn't finished them yet. So, she fired all of us. She's been in a bad mood since this morning," Chompoo explained.

I heard a shattering sound from inside, and the employees flinched.

"Has she been breaking things for a while now?" I asked.

"Yes," Chompoo replied. "She's been like that for almost 30 minutes."

As I was about to enter, Chompoo grabbed my arm and stopped me. I heard Freen shouting from inside, so I removed her hands and entered the room. I locked the door behind me and was met with a mess.

Broken vases were scattered everywhere, papers lay shattered on the floor, and her computer was broken on the ground. Freen stood facing the wall, sobbing and expressing her frustration.

Had she somehow seen me with Saint yesterday? But Saint didn't bring a car, and he was already inside the house at that time.

"Freen?" I called out her name.

Freen turned around, her angry face softening the moment she saw me. She ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

"What happened?" I asked, gently rubbing her back.

"I don't want to marry Saint," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. "Dad told me that once Saint returns from Spain in three months, we have to get married right away. That means our wedding is just three months away."

I looked into her eyes and wiped away her tears. I wished I could tell her the truth, but that would only make things worse.

"Well, that gives you three months, 90 days, to plan how to escape," I said, trying to offer a glimmer of hope, and smiled.

"I can't do that," she replied.

Her answer caught me off guard. That's the difference between her and Saint. She wasn't willing to defy her parents.

"Then you're stuck, Freen. If you're too afraid to take a stand, you'll end up marrying him," I said.

"Saint has a plan. During the wedding, he'll introduce the woman he loves. That should be enough to call off the marriage, I guess." She frowned.

I felt a pang of disappointment at her words. Why couldn't she do the same? Why was she waiting for Saint to take action for her?

"If Saint doesn't introduce someone and changes his mind, would you still marry him?" I asked.

Freen looked at me, contemplating her answer. She rubbed the back of her neck, uncertain about what she would say.

"Don't answer that. I'll call the janitor to clean up this mess. And please, stop involving your employees in this. They can't finish their tasks right away," I said, walking out of the room, still disappointed in her.