Chapter 59

After having dinner with Freen's parents, I decided to hit the gym and take a breather. Feeling determined, I wrapped my knuckles and put on my boxing gloves.

But thoughts of Freen's daughter kept lingering in my mind. I needed to see her and make sure everything was alright. There was a part of me that worried, "What if they didn't know about Freen?" but that seemed impossible. Chankimha people were well-known, and it was unlikely they wouldn't know about her. Still, I couldn't shake off the fear that a parasite might try to use her child to take her away from us.

So, I unleashed my frustration on the punching bag, sweating and catching my breath as I let it all out. Finally, I took off my gloves and dialed Non's number. I had to find out the truth and whether this girl was related to my wife or not.

"Hello, Non?" I asked when he answered.

"Becky? It's pretty late. What's up?" he said, a little confused.

"I can't sleep, and I need to ask you something," I replied with a sigh.

"Sure, shoot. What's bothering you?" he inquired.

"I really need a picture of the girl and her daughter, along with their number. I have to find out if they have any connection to my wife," I said, hoping he could help.

"Wait, I thought we agreed not to talk about this?" he questioned, puzzled.

"I can't stop thinking about it. I just need to know the truth. Please, Non?" I pleaded.

After some reluctance, Non agreed to send me the information but warned me not to let Nam know that he was the one who provided it.

Moments later, Non sent me the details, and I was taken aback by the striking resemblance between the girl and Freen. It was like they were carbon copies of each other. How was this possible? Could this be the mistake her friend mentioned? If so, it meant Becken and Freen were not related.

"Darn," I muttered, lying down on the cold gym floor. "If Freen finds out, she might see Becken differently." I whispered to myself as I closed my eyes.

Unbeknownst to me, time flew by, and I must have dozed off. When I opened my eyes, I found Freen sleeping beside me on the gym floor, her hands wrapped around me. Next to her, there was a bottle of water.

It seemed she came to give me water, but when she saw I was asleep, she decided to lie down beside me.

I couldn't help but smile at how thoughtful she was.

Becken must have slept with his grandpa tonight.

I gently stroked Freen's cheeks and marveled at how beautiful she was. Perfect from every angle.

"I can't bear the thought of losing you, babe. Please, whatever happens, stay with me," I pleaded, pressing my lips to her forehead. "I'm begging you to stay by my side till the end."

I know I must look pitiful right now, but she means everything to me. I can't imagine life without her.

"You're awake," Freen said, rubbing her eyes. "Let's go back to our room. It's cold here." She sat up and helped me sit too.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked.

"You were snoring away, so I thought you needed the rest," she pouted and snuggled up to me while we sat together.

I ran my fingers through her hair, and she closed her eyes again.

"Let's go to sleep now," I suggested, and she nodded.

I led Freen to our room, and she immediately settled into bed. I quickly took a shower and found her leaning against the headboard, already half-asleep.

She really won't sleep unless I'm with her. I shook my head at how adorable she was.

Cuddling up together, we both drifted off to sleep.

I hope this feeling lasts forever. I hope no one will ever come between us and take her away from us.

a/n: Helloooo. I'm sorry if I can't upload four chapters a day like I used to do before. I've been very busy about the enrollment and some stuff. I'll try to write more after my enrollment and I'll update four chapters a day again soon. Thank you so much for reading vivies! You always made my day ♥️✨