Chapter 101

Freen put her plan into motion. She approached Nam first to buy her shares before meeting with Non.

Nam was furious about her brother's actions, but she wanted to assist Freen to make things right.

Saint and I entered the cafe first, in clever disguises so Non wouldn't recognize us. We pretended to be on a date. Freen sat at a distance from us, and shortly after, Non arrived but didn't go to Freen's table. He was talking to the cashier.

He was alone.

"Saint," I whispered, getting his attention. "Did you inform Freen that Faye isn't actually her biological child?" I asked, intrigued.

"I might have forgotten that part," he admitted.

I rolled my eyes and scanned the surroundings. "If Freen finds out today, she's going to be really upset."

"Wouldn't you love to see her give that girl a piece of her mind?" Saint grinned.

"I'm not really in the mood for your jokes, Saint. Remember, Freen caused a scene at the mall before. It could damage her reputation," I explained.

"Relax, Becky. Nobody's reputation is going to be ruined. Trust me," he reassured, glancing around.

In a matter of minutes, Non was done, and we watched as he approached Freen. I had only seen him twice before, but this time, I felt a surge of anger. How could he treat Freen like this after everything she had done for him?

As Freen and Non discussed business, their conversation remained unheard by us. However, Non's expressions clearly conveyed his displeasure.

"Becky, look to your left," Saint whispered, prompting me to turn my head slowly.

My eyes widened as I saw the girl. She was gazing at Freen and Non, making no attempt to hide herself. She was wearing a cap, but that was the extent of her disguise.

Unbelievably, she looked almost identical to Freen, as though they were twins. Upon closer inspection, it was clear that she had a slightly fuller figure compared to Freen.

"I can't believe what I'm seeing," Saint whispered, sending a message to Nam that the girl was on my left side.

Nam stood up and firmly grasped the girl's shoulder. The girl struggled, but Nam held her in place. Saint and I approached them.

Due to the commotion, Freen's attention was drawn in our direction, and so was everyone else's. They likely assumed we were causing harm to the girl.

"Stay calm, or you won't see Amanda and your child," Saint whispered.

I furrowed my brow in confusion. Saint winked at me, and I couldn't help but roll my eyes. He was bluffing, acting like he had Amanda and Faye under his control.

"Come with us if you want to live," Nam told the girl in a hushed tone.

Suppressing a laugh, I realized this wasn't part of the original plan. We weren't supposed to have a hostage situation. It was clear that this girl was nothing more than a pawn to Non.

The girl reluctantly accompanied us, and we took her to the Chankimha mansion. Mrs. Chankimha was present and appeared taken aback by the girl's arrival.

"Two birds with one stone?" Saint quipped, earning a nod of agreement from me.

"Is that Freen?" Mr. Chankimha asked, his gaze fixed on the girl.

We all shook our heads, and he approached the girl. She became tense, clenching her fists.

"Why are you still breathing?" she demanded, her tone icy.

"Faith!" Mrs. Chankimha scolded. "Is that how you greet your father?"

Just as I suspected, she was Freen's sister. More accurately, her twin.

"She survived?" Mr. Chankimha exclaimed. "Where's Freen?"

"Right here," Freen's voice chimed in, and we all turned to look at her. Freen observed the girl for a moment, tilting her head thoughtfully.

To our astonishment, Freen suddenly grabbed Faith's hair, yanking it forcefully. Faith could only grip Freen's hand in response.

"Who the hell are you?" Freen demanded, anger blazing in her eyes. "Answer me!"

"I'm you, you bitch," Faith spat, provoking Freen to deliver a sharp slap.

Nam and Saint stood frozen, choosing to step back and let Freen handle the situation. However, this wasn't the right time for violence.

"Freen, let her explain," I interjected, grabbing Freen's hand before she could strike Faith again.

"Then talk. But if I don't like what I hear, be ready for another hit," Freen snapped.

"Freen, she's your twin sister," Mrs. Chankimha finally confessed.

Freen's fury intensified. "Why is everyone lying to me? Do I look like a fool? Why wait until she tarnished my name before introducing her? I'm a grown woman already! And you?" Freen directed her anger at her father. "I thought we were on good terms, Dad?"

"Believe me, Freen, I had no idea she survived," Mr. Chankimha explained.

"I survived," Faith interjected. "A year ago, he met me, Freen. They were searching for you, so when he found me, he was furious that I was alive. I introduced him to Faye—his own grandchild—but he called me a freak. He said the child might be a freak too."

Our attention turned to Mr. Chankimha. So, that was why he couldn't accept Faye, continuously denying that she was Freen's daughter?

He had known all along, yet he played with Freen's emotions. Freen had spent weeks trying to bridge the gap so Mr. Chankimha would accept Faye.

"Faye is really your daughter?" Freen asked in disbelief, staggering backward. I moved closer, aware that her knees seemed ready to give way. "Stay away from me," Freen whispered to me, and I obliged, stepping back. "Don't follow me!" she yelled before storming out of the room.

A collective sigh escaped us as Freen left. Mr. Chankimha clutched his chest and sank to his knees. Mrs. Chankimha asked Saint to help take him to the hospital, leaving Nam, Faith, and me alone.

"Why did you let Non control you?" Nam questioned Faith.

But Faith's story wasn't over.

"Our goals aligned—to bring down the Chankimhas," Faith replied.

Unable to contain my anger, I approached Faith and landed a punch on her face, causing her nose to bleed.

"Clean up the mess you've made, unless you want things to get even messier," I hissed in her ear before heading out to find Freen.