Chapter 4

I went to the Chankimha's building and made my way to the CEO's office. The staff along the way congratulated me, and I could sense their underlying hope that I would stay with the company for a long time.

I knocked on the CEO's office door three times, but there was no response, so I decided to open it myself.

Inside, I saw a woman dressed in a gray suit, fully engrossed in reading something on her computer. This must be Freen Sarocha Chankimha, the infamous woman known for making her secretary quit almost a hundred times.

"Good morning, Miss—" I started, but my words were interrupted by her stern glare.

"What's good about the morning when you're late?" she coldly asked.

Her voice sounded familiar, yet we had never met before.

"It's only seven in the morning, miss, so I'm not—" Once again, I was cut off.

"Are you just going to stand there, or will you head to the pantry to make me some coffee?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

She turned back to her computer, leaving me nodding along even though I had no clue where the pantry was.

Damn. Could someone have given me a briefing first? All my previous bosses were kind to me.

"They were only kind to you because you're gorgeous, Becky," Nam said through the phone.

Since I didn't know anyone here, I called Nam to ask about my job responsibilities and the pantry's location. After bringing Miss Chankimha her coffee, she instructed me to photocopy some files and submit them to HR. As I waited for the papers to finish, I decided to call Nam.

"Remember your last boss? He was furious when he found out you had a son, as if his heart had been broken," Nam sighed.

"Fine. I'll hang up now," I said, ending the call.

Turning to the photocopier, I was taken aback to find Freen standing next to me with a blank expression.

"I apologize, miss," I said, lowering my head.

"If you want to chat with your friend, you might as well quit now," she replied, rolling her eyes, and walked away.

I rolled my eyes in response and continued with my task. Does this woman think she's the only wealthy person in the world? Now I understand why Saint desperately wants to call off their wedding.

Returning to her office, I could feel Freen's intense gaze on me, but I pretended not to notice. She even furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head, seemingly trying to sort out her own thoughts.

"Your name is Bella, right?" she asked.

"It's Becca. Or you can call me Becky," I answered.

"You're Bella. Change your name from now on," she declared, leaving me taken aback.

Wow, now she wants to change my name too. Is this how she treats her employees? I can't help but wonder if her previous secretaries resigned because they had enough or simply because she wanted to mold them into someone else.

Wow. Just wow.