Chapter 51

Saint was right. Mom was supposed to come to the house this morning, so I locked the door to my bedroom to keep her out.

It had been hours since she last knocked, so I assumed she had already left. However, when I stepped out, I saw her sitting on the couch, enjoying her tea.

"You look down," she commented.

"Because I am," I replied, heading to the kitchen to get a glass of water.

Mom followed me and sat on the stool beside me. She reached out to caress my hair, but I pushed her hand away.

"Are you still angry at your father? He only wanted what he thought was best for you," she said.

"Best?" I scoffed. "This is his idea of best, Mom. How many times do I have to explain to him that I can't have children? I showed him all the test results, but he didn't believe me. He said I was just making excuses. It's frustrating." I poured out.

"I believed in you, Freen," Mom said with a shaky voice.

"But Dad didn't! Even if Saint and I tried countless times in the future, there would never be a future Chankimha! I'm infertile, Mom! Do you know how difficult that is for me? Do you even care?" I yelled at her. "All you care about is having an heir for your damn company! You never cared about my well-being. You never asked if I'm eating properly or if I'm barely living. It's always about what you want!" I yelled again.

Mom lowered her head, holding back her tears.

"What about me, Mom? When can I be happy? Ever since I was a kid, both of you controlled my life. You told me what to study, what to play, who to be friends with. Screw all of it!" I vented. "All I ever wanted was for you and Dad to accept who I am. Instead, you judged me. You dismissed my feelings as delusions," I cried, tears streaming down my face.

"Freen," Mom called my name, reaching out for my hand, but I stepped back.

"I'm marrying Saint, don't worry. I'll do this for Dad, but after that, I won't let you decide my life anymore. And this will be the last time I call you my parents," I declared, storming off to my bedroom.

I hugged my pillow and let my tears flow. I wished Becky was here. I wished she could console me. If only she were here, I wouldn't feel this way.

"Freen, I'm going back to the mansion. I'll see you soon?" Mom asked from outside the door, but I didn't respond.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked at the gallery on my phone, filled with pictures of Becky and Becken. I smiled sadly and slowly touched the screen as my tears blurred my vision.

"I miss you two. Please come back to me. I'll forgive all your mistakes, just come back to me, please," I cried, holding my phone tightly.