Chapter 77

"Are you serious, Sarocha? You're bringing your daughter here? Is she really your own daughter?" Mr. Chankimha asked Freen angrily when we told him about Faye.

We were in his office, and he couldn't believe that Freen had a daughter and was planning to bring her here.

"She's my real child, dad!" Freen yelled. "Your true blood and flesh."

"Becken is my only grandson, Freen. Aren't you ashamed? Saying all these things in front of Becky?" he asked, clearly upset.

"Becky knows everything. It's not like I'm going to neglect Becken," Freen replied.

Mr. Chankimha looked at me, and I lowered my head. I didn't know why I was there in the first place. I probably shouldn't have entered the office.

"You knew?" he asked me.

"Yes, dad," I replied.

"Fine," he gave up. "But I won't consider her as a grandchild unless she's smarter than Becken in our business, Sarocha. I've already signed my will, and no one can change it. If she manages to outsmart him, I'll give her what she deserves." He sighed and sat on his swivel chair.

"Dad, that's not fair. Faye is your real grandchild, and she deserves everything I have. That's all I can give her now," Freen pleaded with her father, but he looked even more furious now.

"That's why I don't want to accept her! What if they're just using you to get money? You're too soft-hearted when it comes to this, Sarocha." His eyes were blazing with anger, and I really wanted to get out of that office now.

"But—" Freen was about to explain more.

"FREEN SAROCHA CHANKIMHA! DO YOU WANT ME TO DISOWN YOU FOR THIS?" Mr. Chankimha shouted, causing both of us to be taken aback. "Let her prove herself to me like Becken did. Let that child show me she deserves to be a Chankimha. If she doesn't, I will never consider her my grandchild."

Freen closed her eyes and held back from saying more.

"Let me talk to your father," I whispered to Freen, and she nodded.

Freen left the office, and I sighed. I turned to Mr. Chankimha and sat on the chair in front of him.

"Look, dad. I'm sorry about what happened. Freen was just really excited to bring Faye here," I said, feeling nervous. "You need to calm down, dad."

"I wish you were my daughter, Becky. You understand me more than her," Mr. Chankimha said and took a pill of his medicine.

"I don't deserve to be your daughter. Freen is a good woman. She got excited after finding her real daughter. She wanted to have one for you, and she did it for you, even though she's gay. I hope you can understand her too," I explained.

"I want her to have a child like Becken. Someone nice, someone smart, and someone I can trust to take over the company. If Becken hadn't stopped me from investigating further into the case, that girl would never be here," Mr. Chankimha admitted.

"You knew, dad?" I asked in disbelief.

"You think Becken only trusts you?" he asked, chuckling. "I'm glad he trusted me with it. And I didn't want to disappoint him. He asked me not to harm that girl, but he didn't tell me to accept her either."

"Because it's your own decision, dad. We shouldn't interfere," I said, looking down.

"You raised a good child, Becky. You're a good mother. And I'm so happy that Freen met you. Thank you for bringing Becken into this world. Soon, I will be at peace without worrying about his future," Mr. Chankimha smiled at me.