Chapter 48

Warning: Mature Content

Please be advised that the following chapter contains explicit sexual content that may not be suitable for young or sensitive readers. This content includes scenes of an intimate nature, adult language, and situations of a sexual nature that some readers may find offensive or uncomfortable.

Reader discretion is advised. If you are under the age of consent in your country or find such material objectionable, we recommend refraining from reading further.

Please proceed only if you are comfortable with and legally permitted to engage with adult-oriented content.

Thank you for your understanding and consideration.

DISCLAIMER: I don't really know how the IVF process happen so I only search on google and get the information on some trusted websites. Please, whatever you read here about it, it may not be the full information. Thank you.

FREEN

SEVEN YEARS AGO

A sudden slap struck my face when I expressed my reluctance to marry Saint in front of my father.

"Why? Just because you want to marry a woman? Sarocha, it's been a year! You agreed to marry him last year, and now you're canceling it? I spent millions on that wedding, and you ruined it? How dare you!" Another slap followed.

"Calm down," my mom intervened, trying to shield me from my father's anger. "Sarocha, go to your room."

I stared back at my father defiantly, resisting his command, and instead walked out. I hopped into my car and drove to the nearest club, dialing my best friend, Heng, as I went. He's a doctor, specializing in reproductive endocrinology, and he has been a tremendous support to me over the years. But I feared I might be pushing him too far this time.

I had previously discussed the IVF process with Heng. He had informed me that I needed to find a sperm donor, and Saint had agreed to be that donor since he also didn't want the wedding to happen. I despised Saint, though, for being a spineless man who couldn't stand up to his parents. I heard he even broke up with his girlfriend because of this wedding, which made me sick of his character.

If I were in his shoes, I would never let my parents dictate my future, especially knowing they would never be there for me until the end.

"What's the matter now, Freen?" Heng's voice came through the phone as soon as he answered.

"I'm at a club. Meet me in the VIP room now," I told him, ending the call abruptly.

Five minutes later, Heng arrived and looked at me with narrowed eyes.

"What's going on?" he asked, taking a seat beside me.

"How's the embryo?" I inquired.

"It's fine, but we need to transfer them to the uterus as soon as possible. You need to find a surrogate mother; otherwise, this won't work anymore. Remember, this is your last chance; it's your last viable egg," Heng reminded me.

"If I find one tonight, can we proceed with the process tomorrow?" I asked eagerly.

Heng shook his head. "I already have a patient scheduled for tomorrow, and it's a similar case to yours."

"But you said 'as soon as possible'!" I protested.

"Where do you expect to find a surrogate mother at this hour? It's midnight, and no one would agree to carry a baby for you right now," Heng retorted. "Find one tomorrow, and we can schedule it for another day. Is that clear?"