Chapter 17

Nam was right. I think it's time for me to move on with my life. I need to stop what I'm doing before I develop strong feelings for Freen.

But am I really in love with her? Or is it just because she's the only person who makes me happy right now? If I were to see Saint again, would I still feel the same way about him?

Confusion engulfed my mind. I needed answers. I needed to know if I still love Saint.

"Becky," Chompoo called me, and I headed in her direction.

I was running late today because I had visited Nam's parents, whose house is far from here.

"Ms. Chankimha is rumored to be getting married. So, her father announced earlier that we have to welcome the new CEO since she'll be a full-time wife," Chompoo explained.

Hearing those words made my heart ache. Was she really going to marry Saint? Was that what they discussed in the urgent family meeting yesterday?

"When will the wedding take place?" I asked.

Chompoo shrugged. "The chairman didn't tell us. But expect it to happen soon," she replied and returned to her seat.

I entered the office, but Freen wasn't there. However, there was a bottled coffee on my table with a note saying, "Sorry."

I let out a sigh. I don't drink coffee, and this is her way of making amends. If I reject it, how will she react?

Suddenly, a pair of hands wrapped around my waist from behind. I could smell Freen's perfume, and her chin rested on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "This is the first time I'm glad you're late."

"I still heard the announcement from someone," I responded without moving. "Congratulations, Ms. Chankimha. Can you please move now? If someone sees us like this, it could ruin your reputation." I gently removed her hands from me, but she quickly took them back. This time, her grip was tighter.

"I don't want to get married. I don't want to marry Saint," she confessed, burying her face in my neck.

Even I don't want her to marry Saint, though I can't explain why exactly.

"Why? Are you still waiting for that girl?" I inquired.

"You're that girl, Bella," she said in a soft voice. "You're the girl I've been waiting for, for seven years."

I chuckled at her comment. It's funny how we only met a few weeks ago, yet she claims to have been waiting for me for nearly seven years.

"This isn't a joke, Miss Chankimha. I didn't know you seven years ago," I replied, turning to face her.

Her eyes were filled with sadness, and I could sense her holding back tears.

"I knew you would say that. That's why I didn't bother telling you," she said, walking back to her desk and sitting in her swivel chair.

Is she sulking now?

"There have been many people who have mistaken me for someone else. If I were the girl you've been waiting for, then I should remember you. If we had shared something memorable, why can't I recall any of it?" I asked, attempting to explain my side.

"It's fine. Maybe you're right," Freen sighed, glancing at her computer. "Maybe I just need to start over again."

I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling puzzled.

"What do you mean?" I asked, seeking clarification.

"Let's go to the site later. I need your opinion on the hotel under construction," she said, brushing off my question.