Chapter 41

Saint wanted to take Becken to the mall to play in the arcade. Since Becken was bored, he asked me to join them too. First, we decided to grab a bite at the restaurant, and afterwards, they headed to the arcade to play basketball.

"I'll just grab some water for Becken," I said.

"Thanks, mommy," Becken smiled and continued playing.

"Me too, mommy," Saint chuckled, and I playfully rolled my eyes.

Feeling a bit tired and wanting a break from Saint's company, I stepped outside to buy water. I planned to take a moment for myself as my eyes were starting to ache.

"Becky?" Chompoo called my name, catching me by surprise.

Wait, what is she doing here?

I glanced around, searching for Saint and Becken, but they were nowhere in sight. I felt a sense of relief for a moment, knowing that if Chompoo saw us together, things would get messy.

"Have you seen Mr. Saint? I think he's with his son," she said, causing my heart to race.

"Where?" I asked.

"They were looking for someone a while ago. But you know, isn't Mr. Saint's son also Miss Freen's? They've been engaged for more than eight years, right? And the boy looks so grown up," Chompoo pondered, tilting her head. "But I heard Miss Freen is unable to have children. Could it be that Mr. Saint had an affair, and that's why Miss Freen was unhappy?"

"Miss Freen simply prefers women, that's all," I awkwardly chuckled, glancing around nervously.

"Anyway, what are you doing here? And why do you have three bottles of water? Are you with someone?" she inquired.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and slowly nodded, bracing myself.

Chompoo scanned the surroundings, finding nothing suspicious. I closed my eyes and let out a sigh. Why couldn't she just move on with her own life? Why did she have to ask so many questions?

"Who?" she pressed on.

"Mommy!" Becken's voice echoed, causing my eyes to widen.

Oh no, this can't be happening.

Without turning around, I sensed Chompoo's change in expression. Becken's little hands reached for me, and I saw Saint walking towards us.

"We've been searching for you for minutes," Saint said, grabbing one of the water bottles.

Chompoo stared at us in disbelief, swallowing hard.

"Listen, it's not what you think," I tried to explain, though I knew she wouldn't believe me. "Saint, please explain to her why you're here with me."

"Why? Who is she, anyway?" Saint asked, glancing Chompoo up and down. "Who are you?"

Chompoo lowered her head, fiddling with her fingers.

"Mommy, who is she?" Becken asked, hugging me tightly, clearly frightened.

"She's my coworker," I replied.

"Da—" I quickly covered Becken's mouth before he could say "Daday."

"You work for Freen?" Saint asked. "Oh, so you must be wondering why I'm here with Becky," he chuckled.

"I'm sorry. I won't mention this to Miss Freen," Chompoo apologized, her head still lowered.

"It's alright. Freen already knows that I won't marry her because I'm in love with someone else," Saint smiled at me.

Chompoo nodded and excused herself.

"So, you're in love with my mommy too?" Becken asked.

Saint knelt down to Becken's level and ruffled his hair. "Everyone falls in love with your mommy, Becken. She's gorgeous, kind, and hardworking. Everything that makes a woman perfect. She's an amazing lady."

Becken nodded, satisfied with the response.

"By the way, do you know someone else who's in love with her?" Saint suddenly asked.

"I think it's getting dark soon. We should head back," I smiled at the two and led them out of the mall.

I desperately needed to tell them the truth. I wanted to be the one to confess before anyone else could.

Damn it, I need the courage to face the consequences of my actions.