Chapter 100

I followed Saint's instructions and booked the earliest flight, feeling anxious the whole way. Saint hadn't given me any updates about Freen's whereabouts, so I was on edge during the entire plane ride, my hands trembling as I kept worrying about her.

But the moment I stepped into the arrival area, a sight that instantly melted away my worries greeted me. Freen's radiant smile, just after a day of separation, managed to erase any ache I'd been feeling.

Nothing else mattered at that moment. All I wanted was to embrace her, to make sure she was safe and sound.

Freen's hug was tight, and I found tears welling up in my eyes. She laughed at my emotional reaction, her own laughter infectious.

"Why the tears? Weren't you supposed to stay until the project was done?" Freen asked, wiping away my tears.

"I can't bear being without you," I confessed, hugging her back just as tightly.

I didn't care about the eyes on us, the people around. All I cared about was holding my future wife close. They couldn't comprehend the turmoil I'd experienced on that plane.

"Let's head to Saint's place first to check on your son," she suggested, taking charge of my luggage.

Freen and I made our way to Saint's house. Becken wasn't there since he was at the Chankimha mansion. His grandfather had summoned him.

Saint greeted me with laughter as I stormed over to him, playfully smacking him. He winced but continued to laugh, grateful that my hits weren't too painful.

"That joke wasn't cool, Suppapong!" I scolded, with Saint offering an apology through his laughter. "If anything had happened to Freen, you'd be in trouble!"

Freen chuckled and intervened to stop me from further punishing Saint.

"I was just testing the depth of your love," Saint admitted, still chuckling. "My bad, won't happen again."

I gave him a stern look and settled onto the couch. Freen sat beside me, and Saint took a seat in front of us.

"Saint filled me in on his investigation. Our plan is to catch Non with that girl," Freen explained, holding my hand, her fingers cool to the touch.

"Alright, let's get down to business," Saint began, clearing his throat. "Actually, I don't have a solid plan." His awkward smile made me roll my eyes.

"While we don't exactly know their whereabouts, Non and I had some sort of partnership. If I approach him, that girl should be around," Freen sighed.

"But how certain are you? She's Amanda's partner, Non's confidante, and we're not sure about her connection to Mrs. Chankimha," Saint added.

"Did your parents ever mention a sister or a twin?" I asked Freen.

"No, they never did. That's what's been bothering me. I grew up alone. If there is a sister, who raised her?" Freen pondered.

Things were starting to click in my mind. The puzzle pieces were fitting together. I was becoming convinced that this girl was indeed Freen's sister. Mrs. Chankimha's affair must have taken care of her on that private island. But if that's the case, why would Mr. Chankimha deny it? Did something happen before?

"Heng has disappeared without a trace. He's vanished into thin air. He's quite the character," Saint sighed.

"What about Bella?" I asked.

"No news." Saint shook his head. "We really need to find that woman, Freen. It's crucial for your peace of mind."

"Alright, I'll meet with Non tomorrow. And you need to search for that woman. I'm certain Non will use her in some way tomorrow, concocting false evidence," Freen stated, frustration tainting her voice.

"What reason will you give him for the meeting?" I inquired.

"I'm going to terminate our partnership. If he's after it, I won't let him have it. I'll use his own sister against him," Freen's jaw tightened.

"Nam?" Saint questioned. "How?"

"Just wait and watch."