Chapter 13

I woke up early with the intention of getting to work before Freen. I knew she typically arrived at 6 in the morning, so I aimed to beat her today.

I wanted to impress her because of her sudden dislike towards me yesterday. I wasn't sure what happened that made her say those words.

Did she miss me already? Why did she call to hear my voice only to later claim she hated me?

At six o'clock on the dot, Freen arrived. I prepared a cup of coffee for her and handed it over. Additionally, I completed all the remaining paperwork on her desk, so she only needed to review and approve everything.

Freen gave me a puzzled look as she sipped her coffee.

"What did you have for breakfast today that made you come in early?" she asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Well, I haven't eaten anything yet." I replied, flashing a sweet smile.

"You should eat first," she said, picking up her phone. "Could you have a breakfast set delivered here? I'm starving." Freen gestured for me to wait for the food, so I returned to my desk while I waited.

When the delivery arrived, she motioned for me to start eating while she scanned through the folders on my desk. She reviewed them while I finished my food.

I couldn't help but smile at how cute she looked. She wore her black eyeglasses and nibbled on the end of her pen while thinking. She sighed while reading some papers and leaned back in her chair when she grew tired.

Freen removed her glasses and massaged her temples as she leaned back in her swivel chair. Then she turned to me.

"Did I say something the other night?" she asked, looking anxious.

Shaking my head, I replied, "Besides you liking the sea sticker, nothing else." I chuckled.

"Ugh." Freen swiveled her chair away from me and continued massaging her temples. "I'm not convinced, Bella. Did I say something terrible? Or did I do something stupid?" she questioned.

"No, not at all," I laughed again and shook my head at her adorableness.

"Why are you laughing at me?" she pouted. "Did I...?" Freen bit her lip and glanced at me. "Did I somehow... forget it."

Chuckling, I walked over to her. Having finished my food, I was ready to resume my tasks. I collected all the folders and brought them back to my desk.

Freen and I remained silent for the rest of the workday, but it felt like our workload was never-ending, even though it wasn't.

I massaged the back of my neck and let out a sigh as I continued reading proposals from other teams.

Suddenly, someone began massaging my back, causing a pleasant sensation to course through my body.

"Why do you look so exhausted?" Freen whispered from behind while gently kneading my shoulders.

I turned to her, and our eyes locked. There was only an inch of space between our faces.

Memories of the other night flashed into my mind. How she leaned in for a kiss and eventually fell asleep in my arms.

"What lip balm do you use?" Freen asked, softly touching my lips. "It's enticing."

Her gaze fixated on my lips, and I could feel the intimate atmosphere building between us.

"Can I...?" Freen's question was interrupted when someone knocked on the door.

It was Chompoo, coming to have Freen sign one of the papers. Freen distanced herself from me and went to open the door.

Why is my heart racing like this?