Chapter 7

Freen and I walked into the club, and to my surprise, the bouncer seemed to know her.

"Welcome back, Miss Armstrong," greeted the bouncer, lowering his head. I was taken aback. How did he know my name? I've never met him before. Am I famous now? And what does he mean by "welcome back"?

"It's actually my first time here. I think you've mistaken me for someone else," I replied, trying to clear up the confusion.

"I'm sorry, ma'am," the bouncer apologized, lowering his head even further.

Turning to Freen, I noticed her knitted brows. She seemed confused about why the bouncer knew my surname.

I quickly waved my hands, indicating that she was mistaken, and she turned and continued walking.

Following Freen, we made our way into the VIP room. It seemed a bit unusual to meet a supplier in a club's VIP room, almost like they were involved in something illicit.

"Are you sure the supplier wants to meet here, Miss Chankimha?" I asked Freen, seeking clarification.

Freen nodded and gave me a look that said, "Why are you asking?" I shook my head, laughing awkwardly.

Freen appeared to be a strong and independent woman. How could I possibly impress her?

"There he is," Freen said, standing up and drawing my attention.

The man was much older than us, probably in his 50s. He smiled at Freen, and she smiled back.

The way he smiled at her infuriated me. It felt as if he was flirting with her or something.

"Mr. Park, this is my secretary, Ms. Becca Armstrong," Freen introduced me to him, and we shook hands.

Mr. Park didn't let go of my hand, but Freen removed it and gestured for Mr. Park to sit.

Their meeting began, and I sat nearby, not too far from them. They discussed a large sum of money, and now I understood why they had to meet here discreetly.

After finalizing the deal, Mr. Park stood up and left. Freen threw herself onto the couch, looking exhausted. She glanced at me with tired eyes, and I smiled and gave her a thumbs-up to show that she did a great job. Instead of saying thank you, she rolled her eyes.

I realized that we were still not very close.

"Can you order some drinks? I really want to drink tonight," Freen said, closing her eyes and resting her head on the couch.

"But I'm not drinking, as I mentioned earlier," I replied.

"I know. I'm the one who's going to drink," she retorted, and I nodded.

I called the VIP room waiter, and they brought Freen various wines and liquors. Freen drank all of them, and I was amazed at how she managed to stay sober.

The first time I ever drank was with Nam, but just one glass was enough to get me wasted. Nam told me I was a lightweight and shouldn't drink with others. However, I ended up drinking at a club, and I have no recollection of what happened afterward. Nam scolded me for a month.

"Why are you staring at me?" Freen asked. "Impressed?" She chuckled and shook her head.

Freen had consumed quite a lot, and it was evident that she was getting tipsy. Her eyes were getting heavy, and she seemed to have something on her mind that she couldn't express.

"I'm going home," she declared, standing up.

I quickly went to her side and helped her walk. However, she couldn't drive, and I had no idea where her house was.

Should I take her home? I didn't really have a choice. Damn it.