Chapter 45

Everyone fell silent. Saint glanced at Nam, me, and Freen, who was staring intently at him.

"How did you know I'm here?" Freen asked. She turned to us, and we shook our heads, indicating that we didn't tell him.

"I came to bring you some snacks. Your mother mentioned that you've been working hard and must be tired. I tried to find you at the office and your house, but you weren't there. So, I figured you must be at your secretary's house," Saint lied.

"How do you know Becca's house?" Freen asked, her brows furrowing.

"I met Nam a few weeks ago. I found out that she's the owner of the house and she's living with Rebecca," Saint explained.

Freen looked at me and let out a sigh. "Just give me the snacks, and then you can go home," she said, grabbing the plastic bag from Saint's hand.

"Aren't you coming with me?" he asked. "You might disturb the people here."

"Becky is my person. I'm not disturbing anyone. Go to your woman too, stop ruining our night." Freen shut the door, leaving both of us surprised by their conversation.

I turned to Nam, and she nervously bit her lip. What did she tell Saint, and why did he react that way? Why did he pretend he was here for Freen?

"Is that Uncle Saint?" Becken asked, and Freen nodded. "Why is he here, Daday?"

"He brought snacks for Daday. Do you want some?" Freen shared the snacks with Becken, and they ate in the living room.

I let out a sigh of relief and pulled Nam aside. I glared at her, and she fidgeted with her fingers.

"Nam, what did you do this time?" I asked in frustration. "Why did Saint say those things? And why didn't he react when Freen admitted that I'm her lover?"

"I told him the truth. That you seduced Freen to make him come back," she said. "I didn't have any other choice, Becky. Otherwise, you would've been in trouble. I thought you wanted to tell Freen the truth yourself?" she asked.

"Yes, but you gave Saint false hope. I thought we agreed not to give him false hope?" I asked.

"We didn't have a choice, Becky. If you had told Freen about this earlier, maybe you wouldn't be so frustrated and afraid of getting caught," Nam scolded me.

***
Freen stayed in my room while Becken slept in his own room. We showered together and cuddled.

I gazed at her while she stared at me, lost in thought about our future. Suddenly, she smiled and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I love you, baby," she whispered, embracing me tightly. "I don't want to lose you, so please wait for me, okay? Wait for me until I sort everything out."

Those three words were the first time I heard her say them. They melted my heart. I loved her too. But every passing day, guilt ate away at me.

If only I had met her earlier, would this be happening? Would I be lying to her? How did it come to this?

"I love you too, babe," I whispered, burying my face in her chest.

Freen rubbed my back and kissed the top of my head, and we drifted off to sleep.

Tomorrow, I'll tell you everything. I promise. I hope that after that, you'll still love me.