Chapter 21

8 p.m. rolled around, and it was time for us to head home. However, Freen seemed reluctant. She glanced outside to check if anyone was still around and locked the door to her office.

I crossed my arms over my chest and shook my head, clicking my tongue disapprovingly.

What is she up to now?

Freen made her way towards me and playfully grabbed me around the waist. I squinted at her, and she giggled at my reaction.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I asked, looking away.

Freen planted another kiss on my cheek, and I tried to push her away, but her grip on my waist tightened.

"Let's go home," she whispered with a mischievous tone that sent shivers down my spine.

"Stop teasing me, Freen Sarocha Chankimha." I rolled my eyes and removed her hands from me.

I returned to my desk to tidy up so we could head to her house. However, Freen pulled me from behind once again and made me sit on her lap.

"Freen!" I exclaimed.

Freen kissed the back of my neck and rested her head on my back.

"I'm tired," she whispered. "Let's just stay like this for a while."

"Why don't we go to your house so you can rest, hm?" I suggested, gently caressing her hands on my waist.

"Someone told my father what Saint saw last night, and I told him it was my secretary. So, he came here with flowers, admitting his mistake to my dad." Freen explained. "Now my dad wants me to marry Saint in five months. I don't know what to do."

"Does Saint want this too?" I asked.

"No," she replied, shaking her head. "He said he was waiting for someone. The person he was searching for last night at the hotel."

"So, you two aren't in love with each other?" I asked, my heart racing.

"We were never in love with each other. He was waiting for a girl he broke up with eight years ago, while I was waiting for you for almost seven years," Freen chuckled. "Even though you can't remember me."

"Are you sure you haven't mistaken me for someone else?" I asked.

Because if you're certain that I am that girl, then you and your fiancé are in love with the same person.

"I'll just wait until you remember. I don't want to rush you," Freen motioned for me to stand up, and she grabbed her bag. Extending her hand, we walked out of her office hand in hand.

For the first time, fear washed over me. I had spent years waiting for Saint, but now I discovered he had been waiting for me all along. I felt anxious.

I didn't want to hurt the girl who stood beside me. I didn't want to see her cry because of me. But what if she finds out that my initial intention was to seduce her and steal her fiancé away? I had planned to break them apart.

I succeeded in seducing her, but why does it feel so wrong?

"Get inside," Freen said, opening the door for me, and I thanked her.

I'm sorry, Freen. I'm sorry for dragging you into this, for making you fall in love with me. I'm sorry for the pain I will cause you in the near future.

A/N: Let's try updating at night HAHAHA