Chapter 19

Freen and I sat down for dinner in complete silence. The weight of her revelation still had me in shock, and I told her that I couldn't give her an answer right away.

Thankfully, she didn't recall what had happened the last time she got drunk.

Freen insisted on driving me home since it was late, but I suggested taking a bus or taxi instead. However, she disagreed and led me to the parking lot. As she opened the car door for me to get in, a black car pulled up beside us. To my surprise, it was Saint, but luckily, the tinted windows prevented him from recognizing me.

Saint stepped out of his car and engaged in a heated conversation with Freen. Their exchange was intense, and at one point, Freen even pushed him, but he remained persistent. Just as he was about to open the car door, Freen pushed him away and entered her own car.

Curiosity got the better of me, and despite knowing who he was, I asked Freen, "Your fiancé?"

Freen nodded solemnly. "Yeah. He saw me and claimed he was looking for someone. He asked about you, worried that my father would find out and chaos would ensue."

"If that's the case, why are you still with me?" I inquired.

Freen looked at me, squinting slightly. "You're my secretary. Shouldn't that be reason enough?" she replied.

"A secretary at this hour?" I chuckled and shook my head. "Maybe that's why your fiancé is upset. You're spending time with someone else." I looked into her eyes.

"He's just afraid of what people might say. He can't bear the thought of people talking about his fiancée being gay," Freen explained, biting her lower lip. "I'm sorry about all this." She chuckled awkwardly and glanced away.

I sensed Freen's genuine remorse. She felt guilty for involving me in her affairs, even though I hadn't given her an answer yet. The longer I gazed at her, the more I found her beautiful. She looked adorable, biting her lip and turning away awkwardly.

What happened to the stern-faced Freen? I chuckled at the thought.

"Why are you laughing?" she asked, glancing at the mirror. "Is there something on my face?"

I shook my head and gently turned her face toward me. She stopped biting her lip, which now had a rosy hue.

"Let me take care of it," I said, leaning in to kiss her lips softly.

The gentle bite wasn't enough for me; I wanted to feel more. So, I grasped the back of her neck and kissed her lips passionately. They were incredibly soft, and I couldn't resist the urge to press mine against hers.

"It might bleed," Freen cautioned, covering my mouth to prevent me from biting her lip. Her face was flushed, so she looked away.

"Then don't bite it in front of me. If you want to, just let me know. I'll be more than happy to do it for you," I said with a mischievous smile, fastening my seatbelt.

Freen dropped me off at home, and I waved goodbye as she drove away. Just as I was about to enter the house, my phone buzzed with a message from Nam.

"Where are you? Saint told me he saw you at Freen's hotel. He tried to find you but you weren't there anymore."