Chapter 16

I decided to finish all my tasks at Chompoo's table since they were going out to the city today. They needed to check something, so I was left in the office.

When I returned to the CEO's office, I saw that it was already open, and Freen wasn't there anymore. However, she left a note apologizing for not saying goodbye. In the note, she mentioned having an urgent family meeting.

I put the note in the bin and tidied up her office before getting ready to leave.

Today, I planned to visit Becken at Nam's parents' place. He hadn't come home after telling me that he would stay with them. I guessed he was really enjoying their company.

"He's already asleep, Becky. Dad took him to the penthouse and showed him something," Nam explained. She led me to Becken's playroom, where I saw an under-construction Lego house. "He has been working on this for the past few days. He wanted to show it to you when he's finished."

"He did all of this?" I asked, feeling proud of my son.

Nam nodded. "By the way, I wanted to ask, how are things going at work? Are you still okay working with her?" she asked.

"Hm," I nodded. "She's changing. She's not yelling at me anymore, and she always apologizes when she does something wrong."

"That's not the Sarocha I once knew," Nam commented, chuckling.

"Actually, I don't want to continue anymore," I admitted, lowering my head and fidgeting with my fingers.

"Didn't I tell you before that you need to stop? You'll hurt her, and you'll hurt yourself along the way," Nam scolded me again. "Don't tell me she's falling for you already?"

"I don't know," I said, shrugging.

But there's one thing I do know. I think I'm the one who's falling for her.

I hate it when someone seeks her attention. I hate it when someone touches her face. I hate it when she talks to others the way she talks to me. And I hate how she looks at everyone the way she looks at me.

"What the heck?" Nam asked, looking into my eyes. "Don't tell me you're falling for your own game?" She chuckled and lifted my head.

I removed her hands from me and shook my head, denying the truth.

"I'm going to Becken's room," I excused myself and left her.

I entered Becken's room and caressed his face. He slowly opened his eyes and moved so I could lie beside him. He caressed my hair and patted my head, comforting me to sleep.

My eyes welled up with tears at his sweetness. I may be unlucky in life, but I'm thankful to have him.

"I love you, my baby," I whispered.

"I love you too, mommy," he kissed my forehead and went back to sleep.

After Becken fell asleep, I went to the kitchen and saw Nam drinking again.

"Becken and I saw Saint at the hotel. He was with Freen, but she left afterwards," Nam mentioned.

My eyes widened. "Did Freen see him?" I asked.

"No, but Saint did. Becken smiled at him, and Dad introduced me and Becken to them. But he didn't mention your name," Nam explained. "Are you sure that Saint isn't Becken's father? They looked alike."

"No. Saint was in Spain at that time," I replied.

"Becken was asking about his father again. I think you need to talk to him about it," Nam shook her head and placed her wine glass in the sink. "You need to tell Saint the truth so that you can move on with your life."