Chapter 28

"What do you mean you're going to a private island?" Nam asked, her voice coming through the phone. "You're going to leave Becken for three months?" she added.

I was inside the room, chatting with Nam while Freen was busy loading the luggage into her car.

"No, not at all. Freen and I are just going to stay there for three days, and then I'll introduce him to Freen," I replied.

"Why do you need to introduce her to him?" Nam asked, sounding confused.

"I remember what happened that night, Nam. Freen was the girl in my dreams," I explained.

"So, you're saying Freen is the one who got you pregnant?" she sarcastically asked. "I'm not stupid, Becky. Tell me the real reason," she pressed.

"No, it's not that. I still don't know, and I haven't asked her about it. But I remember it was her. I just don't know how I ended up being pregnant. My theory is that Freen did something to me while I was asleep, like IVF, you know, that thing?" I suggested.

"IVF is illegal without the other party's consent," Nam pointed out. "If you were intoxicated when you agreed, that doesn't count."

"I know. But if Saint looks like Becken, and Freen was the girl from that night, there's a possibility that Becken is their child," I said.

"Aren't you afraid? What if Freen only took Becken and left you?" she asked. "Or what if she only sought you out because she knew you were carrying her baby?"

"Freen's not like that. She loves me, Nam," I tried to convince her.

"I thought your plan was to make her fall in love, but why do you sound so smitten with her? What happened to your plan, Becky?" Nam scolded me again. "Besides, Becken already likes Saint. Are you going to throw away your relationship with him? You waited for him for eight years."

"I've made my decision, Nam. I'll introduce Becken to Freen once we come back. If Freen doesn't accept him or if she only wants to take him, then we're over. We'll go into hiding again," I said.

"Fine," Nam surrendered. "If that's what you want. But don't hurt yourself, Becky, okay? I'm only worried about you," she said.

"Yeah, I'm fine," I chuckled.

Nam ended the call, and I walked outside to join Freen in her car. She smiled at me and squeezed my legs before starting to drive.

Freen parked her car somewhere, and we both hopped onto a chopper to reach the private island she had mentioned. It was breathtakingly beautiful, but there were no people living in the area. It was just a house surrounded by sand and sea.

"Are you sure this is an island?" I asked.

"Why? No man is an island?" she replied playfully, chuckling.

"No one on the island," I corrected her and rolled my eyes. Her jokes were getting corny now.

We entered the house, which looked like a vacation home. It had everything we needed, even though there were no shops nearby.

"Do you like it?" she asked, wrapping her arms around me from behind. "Once everything is settled, we can come here more often, and we'll bring your kid with us," she said.

My eyebrows furrowed at what she said.

"My kid?" I asked, taken aback.

"Hm," she nodded. "I saw a picture of you and your son while we were packing. Why do you look surprised? Have you been hiding him from me?" she asked, making me swallow the lump in my throat.