Last Chapter of Part I: Farewell to Saint

BECKY

As I packed my bags, Nam walked into my room, fidgeting nervously with her fingers. She couldn't meet my eyes, and I knew something was up.

"Saint is outside. He wants to talk to you," Nam said, her voice soft.

"I don't want to deal with anyone right now. Just ask him to leave," I replied, trying to focus on packing.

"But he's here to apologize. Maybe you should hear him out, Becky. You're an adult; communication is important," Nam urged.

I let out a sigh. "Fine, tell him to come in. But make sure Becken doesn't hear us from outside," I added.

Nam gave me a sad smile and nodded. Moments later, Saint walked in, and the tension in the room was palpable. No one said a word, and I was the first to break the silence.

"What do you want?" I asked, my tone cold.

"I'm sorry for coming back so late," Saint muttered, avoiding my gaze.

"I already told you it's fine. And we're over, so there's no need for you to be here," I said, continuing to pack. But he stopped me.

"I want you to have your happy life back, Becky. I've come to terms with the fact that you won't be happy with me," Saint said, placing my hand on his heart. "My heart still beats for you, but I'll be happier seeing you with someone you truly love, even if it's not me."

Confused, I asked, "What do you mean?"

"I'll send you the address of the church where Freen and I are getting married. I'll plan everything, and all you need to do is show up when the priest asks if anyone objects," he explained.

"Why are you doing this, Saint?" I asked, my brows furrowed.

"Last night, Freen was drunk and crying. She mentioned your name, and I realized how much you love each other. I don't want to be the reason you can't have the love you deserve," he said, stepping back and forcing a smile. "This is the least I can do for you and your son."

"But what about you?" I questioned. "Your parents might not approve of this."

"It's okay. I'm still their son, and they can't disown me for following my heart," he replied, ruffling my hair gently. "I'm doing this for you."

"Thank you, Saint," I managed to smile back at him.

"But if Freen ever hurts you, promise me you'll come find me, okay? I'll give her a piece of my mind," he said, concern evident in his eyes. "I think I should be happy that we met, even if it's just for a moment. Thanks for loving me, Becky. I learned a lot."

True to his word, Saint helped me and Freen escape on the day of the wedding. As we ran away, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by his sacrifice.

He let me go because he knew my happiness lay with Freen. He was willing to hurt himself instead of hurting me.

In that moment, I prayed that he would find someone who could give him the love he deserved. And I felt sorry that I gave him false hope even though I know I couldn't be that person for him.