Chapter 31

Freen and I woke up at exactly four in the morning. She taught me how to operate the speedboat and let me use it for more than a few hours.

She was a great instructor, making sure I was familiar with all the switches so I could easily control the boat.

"The safest way to drive a boat in waves is to take your time, trim down, and try to face the waves at a right angle to your boat's length. By slowing down, you ensure that you maintain control of the vessel. Got it?" she asked, but I couldn't take my eyes off her.

Freen looked amazing sitting behind me, pointing out all the switches and giving me instructions.

"Are you paying attention?" she asked, squinting her eyes.

I nodded and flashed my sweetest smile. I wanted to kiss her right then and there, but we were in the middle of a boating lesson.

"Really?" she raised her eyebrows. "Then show me what you've got," she challenged.

I placed my hands on the controls and accelerated the speedboat, causing her to hug me from behind.

"Becky!" she exclaimed.

I stopped the speedboat and burst into laughter at her reaction.

"Okay, okay. You want it more gentle?" I asked mischievously.

"Let me take the wheel," she said, ready to switch seats, but I stopped her.

Freen guided me to the nearest island where we could see people swimming, sunbathing, and enjoying drinks at the bar.

Freen pulled me towards the bar and ordered a juice. Suddenly, a tourist approached us and looked at Freen with a puzzled expression.

"Are you Freen Sarocha Chankimha?" the woman in her 50s asked Freen while we were sipping our juice.

"Yes, who are you?" Freen inquired.

"I am your father's business partner. I heard you're getting married in three months. So why are you here?" she asked Freen, prompting me to step back.

I didn't want to put Freen in an uncomfortable position by revealing our relationship if the woman noticed me.

"I'm sorry, but the wedding will never happen," Freen politely replied. She turned to me, reaching for my hand and intertwining it with hers. "This is my girlfriend," she said confidently.

"Oh, so you're really gay?" the woman asked in awe. "I'm proud of you, young one. You know, when I was your age, I couldn't tell my parents that I was gay. I did marry a man, but I'm still in love with a woman," she explained.

Freen smiled at her. "Does your husband know you're here?" she asked.

"Actually, no. Does your father know you're here?" she countered.

"No," Freen replied.

"Alright then, let's keep this encounter between us. Let's pretend we didn't see each other," the woman giggled and excused herself.

I looked into Freen's eyes, and I could see the pride she felt in herself. She introduced me without hesitation, not caring about what others might say.

"Thank you, baby," I whispered.

"For what?" she asked.

"For not hiding me," I said.

"Why would I hide someone as gorgeous as you? You're too precious to be kept a secret," she said, planting a kiss on my forehead.