Chapter 54

A Year Later

"All set. Our wedding will be next year. Aren't you happy?" Freen asked me, wrapping her arms around me from behind.

I turned to face her and playfully kissed the tip of her nose, causing her to close her eyes for a moment. She probably thought I was going to kiss her on the lips.

"Such a tease, Sarocha." I rolled my eyes, smiling.

"I've been thinking, once we're married, can I change Becken's surname?" Freen asked with a hopeful look.

I raised my eyebrows curiously. "Why? He's also my son."

"I mean, can I add Chankimha to it? I mentioned before that I can't bear having just one. Can he use my surname too? Please, baby?" Freen pouted and held me tighter.

"Mom and Daday are so cheesy in the evening," Becken chuckled while busy setting the table for dinner.

Tonight, Nam and her younger brother, Non, were visiting us for a business meeting. Freen started her own business using her savings after she left her wedding ceremony.

Since that day, she hasn't been in touch with her parents, and they haven't contacted her either. However, Nam told me that they asked about Freen's well-being. They cared for her, but they wanted her to have a family of her own before they passed away.

"When you grow up, you'll be like this too," Freen said, playfully kissing me on the cheeks.

I gently removed her hands from me and pulled her along to help Becken set the table.

After placing all the plates and dishes, the doorbell rang, and Becken hurriedly ran to open the door. I heard Nam's voice as she spotted Becken, so Freen and I headed to the living room to see what was happening.

Nam was hugging Becken so tightly that he couldn't breathe properly. Beside her was her younger brother, Non, who seemed to be around my age.

"By the way, Becky and Freen, this is Non, my brother. Non, meet Becky and Freen," Nam introduced us, and we all shook hands.

Non furrowed his eyebrows slightly when he saw Freen, as if trying to recall something.

"Is there something wrong with my face?" Freen asked Non playfully.

"No, you're just beautiful, that's all," Nam teased, giving her brother a playful shoulder slap. "What are you doing? She's engaged!" Nam exclaimed.

We all laughed at her reaction and how she playfully scolded her brother. I remembered when Non had asked for my hand in marriage through Nam, even though we hadn't met each other yet. Now that I saw him, I wondered why he didn't have a girlfriend. He's handsome, intelligent, rich, and has a kind aura.

"I think I've seen that face before," Non said, tilting his head thoughtfully.

"Of course, she was my classmate back then. Maybe you saw her when you visited my university once," Nam rolled her eyes, amused.

"No," Non said, still pondering. "Never mind. I'll tell you once I remember."

We chuckled and invited them to the dining area, worried that the dishes might get cold.