Chapter 12

"How was your first night?" Nam teased, playfully pinching my waist.

"What do you mean 'first night'? I was just there to look after her," I replied, shaking my head.

I headed to my room, but Nam trailed behind me, still curious about what happened the previous night.

"Alright, I'll tell you," I said, stopping in my tracks. I turned to her, noticing her eagerness for my story.

"Come on, spill the beans. Before your son wakes up," she urged, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Freen told me she's bisexual. She's in love with a woman," I revealed.

Nam's expression changed. "I already knew that. What happened next?" she asked.

"You knew she was bisexual?" I inquired.

"Freen is gay. Her father found out, which is why they want her to marry Saint. It's a way to suppress her feelings for women. Everybody knows that, Becky," Nam rolled her eyes.

"I had no idea," I confessed.

"Well, now you do. Alright, come on. Tell me what happened last night," Nam smiled and blinked eagerly.

Before I could utter a word, Becken entered my room and hugged me tightly. I noticed Nam sighing and shaking her head, disappointed that she didn't get to hear the rest of the story.

Should I tell her that Freen and I kissed? Was that my first step in seducing her? But I haven't even begun the seduction yet.

"Mommy, can I stay at grandpa and grandma's house for a while, before my school starts?" Becken asked, pouting.

I smiled at him and kissed his forehead. Becken considered Nam's parents as his grandparents since my own family couldn't accept him, as they didn't know his father. They turned their backs on both of us.

"Why? You want to leave me here?" I joked.

"No, not that." Becken motioned for me to sit so he could talk to me eye to eye. "They said they'll take me to their office so I can see tall buildings," he whispered.

"Alright, but don't be too stubborn, okay? Don't give them a headache," I replied, kissing his forehead again. "Be a good boy."

"I promise, mommy," he said, smiling and giggling.

Becken left my room to pack his things, while I freshened up since I had work in the afternoon.

However, just before I could enter the bathroom, Freen called me.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Where are you?" she asked.

"I'm still at home. Why?" I replied, glancing at the clock. "It's still early. Do you have an urgent meeting?"

"No," she answered in a low voice.

"Then why did you call?" I asked.

"I just wanted to hear your voice," she said softly.

I double-checked the caller ID to confirm it was Freen, and it was. However, she rarely said such things, especially when she was sober.

"Are you drunk again?" I inquired.

"I hate you!" she exclaimed, abruptly ending the call.

I furrowed my eyebrows and texted her, asking what she needed. She only told me not to come in today and advised me to rest, as she would have a pile of work for me tomorrow.

Was that her way of showing concern for a subordinate? That's unusual.