Chapter 99

I attempted to persuade Freen, but she remained unmoved. I reiterated several times that it was the right decision. She needed to return.

"Why do you keep insisting I go back, Becky? I brought you here to spend our vacation together," Freen scolded me, frustration evident in her voice. "You expect me to agree to my father's offer to work here? I can work from anywhere, even if I'm not in Spain. You're the reason I came here, and now you want me to go back without you?" she questioned.

We were in the living room, just returning from an outing. I hoped that by taking her on a date, I could change her mind.

"I'll go back after finishing this project. I'm not staying here forever," I assured her.

"No, I won't go," Freen stated, crossing her arms and slumping onto the couch, sulking.

"Fine. If you won't go back today, then I won't talk to you until the project is done." I rolled my eyes, grabbed my bags, and headed to the room to pack.

A few minutes later, Freen entered the room and began packing her bags too. She wasn't sulking anymore, but she wasn't smiling either. She wore a poker face as she silently packed her belongings.

"Who's going to pick me up from here?" she inquired.

I recalled that Saint had offered to send someone to fetch Freen if she agreed. So, I informed Saint of the decision, and he informed me that someone would come to get her tomorrow.

"What am I supposed to do here? Wait for that helicopter?" Freen grumbled, retreating to a corner. "Why do you have to stay here? Don't you miss Becken? Your daddy Saint?" she questioned, rolling her eyes.

I chuckled and embraced her from behind. I understood her frustration; she had put in so much effort to win me back, and now I was trying to send her away.

"I miss Becken but not his dad, alright? Besides, you'll be with Becken, and that will make him happy. Don't you want to see him too?" I asked.

"I'll visit Faye first, but I'll stay with Becken," Freen mused, licking her lips and sighing. "As much as I'd like to be with both of them, I can't due to Faye's behavior. I don't know where she picked up that attitude," she said, her brows furrowing.

I continued hugging her and rested my chin on her shoulder. I tilted my head slightly and playfully kissed the back of her ear.

Freen flinched, which made me chuckle. She removed my hands from her and gave me a playful glare, her startle evident.

"But seriously, I don't want to go," Freen admitted, lowering her head.

I reached for her hands and gave them a gentle squeeze. Maybe I should tell her about the situation back home. Saint needed her to uncover the truth, and she deserved to know everything.

"When you get there, Saint will talk to you. He'll fill you in on everything he knows. I can't assist Saint, but you can," I explained.

Freen furrowed her brows, clearly puzzled. But she would understand when she got there.

***

The next morning, a chopper arrived to pick up Freen. She hugged me tightly before boarding. I waved goodbye and returned to our house.

Hours passed, and Saint finally called me from his actual number.

"What's going on?" I inquired.

"Where's Freen?" he questioned.

"She's on her way back there. Why?" My heart raced as I spoke.

"Didn't I tell you not to let her come back here?" he said, clearly frustrated.

"Didn't you ask me to convince her? What's going on now? She's already on her way!" I exclaimed.

"Damn it!" I sensed his frustration. "Someone took my phone, Becky. I just got it back. Maybe Nam was right." He sighed.

"What's happening, Saint? I'm anxious. Freen is in someone else's chopper now!" I shouted into the phone.

"Book the earliest flight you can and come back here, Becky. Nam received a message from someone claiming to be me, asking for your location there. I'm worried. I don't know where Freen is headed now, Becky. But come back here immediately." Saint ordered before ending the call.

I was left stunned.

Who on earth took Freen?

a/n: Tomorrow will be a very busy day for me, so I don't know if I can update. 🥲 Anyways, thank you for reading this story. This will end soon and I'm going to focus on my another book after this. Thank you so much babiesss. I love you all.