Chapter 44

After spending an intimate moment with Freen, I began tidying up my desk while she smiled at me triumphantly. She had managed to convince me to wear her long-sleeved polo in exchange for my blazer. She always loved wearing my oversized shirts, especially the red one.

"I'll come home with you tonight," Freen said, wrapping her arms around me from behind.

When I turned to face her, she stole a quick kiss and chuckled at my reaction.

"Why?" I asked. "Do you want to see your son?"

"Our son," she corrected me, pouting playfully. "Can't I come?"

It's not that she can't come, but I'm worried about Saint suddenly showing up at our house without permission. Nam and I would always be caught off guard when he messaged her, saying he was outside.

"It's fine. Becken misses you too. He'll be happy to see you," I said, gently patting her hands around me.

Maybe I'll just message Nam and ask her to tell Saint not to come over.

Freen drove us home, and it was quiet until Becken caught sight of her. He immediately ran towards her, pulling her into the living room to show her the small buildings he had built during the past few days when Freen wasn't around.

"Bec, we have a problem," Nam whispered and pulled me where no one could hear us.

I furrowed my brow. "What's wrong?"

"Saint messaged me. He's on his way here to bring some snacks. I told him it wasn't necessary since we already ate. But he said it was for Becken. I don't know where he is," Nam explained.

I pulled Nam into her room and looked at Saint's messages on her phone.

"What is he thinking?" I asked in frustration.

I dialed Saint's number, and he answered right away.

"Nam?" he asked, confirming it was her.

"Stop where you are, Saint. I told you not to come here, didn't I?" I said firmly.

"Oh, Becky. Why do you sound frustrated? Calm down," he replied, chuckling.

"Wherever you are, turn around and don't come here. I'm busy, and so is Becken," I retorted.

"But I'm close. Can't I just give the snacks to your son and then leave? I promise," Saint insisted, and I passed the phone to Nam.

I went outside and found Freen and Becken playing in the living room.

"Mommy, join us," Becken called, pulling my hand and offering me some blocks. He wanted me to build something with him, but my mind was preoccupied with thoughts of the door.

What if Saint suddenly knocks or tries to open the door? Is it locked?

Why does he have to come here? Can't he stay where he is? I didn't even ask for his presence.

"Hey, are you okay?" Freen asked, noticing my restlessness. She touched my forehead, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"I'm fine," I replied with a smile.

"Should I get you some water?" she offered, concerned. I shook my head.

"No, I'll get it myself." I stood up and glanced at the door one last time.

I went to the kitchen to get some water and saw Nam shaking her head, signaling that she hadn't been able to convince Saint.

Then the doorbell rang, and our eyes widened. Damn, he's here!

We rushed to the living room, and we were taken aback when Freen opened the door. Saint's smile quickly faded when he saw her.

What the hell is happening now? Damn it!