Chapter 97

Freen and I headed to the site after breakfast because the head engineer had requested our presence. The client wanted to discuss something with us.

But things took an uncomfortable turn. As soon as we arrived, the client seemed to focus solely on Freen. He invaded her personal space, touching her inappropriately despite her clear discomfort. Freen did her best to step away and avoid his advances.

"Why are you moving away, Ms. Chankimha? We're still talking," the guy smirked.

The head engineer intervened, giving Freen a momentary relief. However, the persistent client closed the gap again as soon as the engineer left.

"Don't be so distant, I promise I won't bite," the guy continued, even tucking Freen's hair behind her ear.

It was obvious that this guy couldn't pick up on Freen's disgust. So, I stepped in and put my arm around Freen's waist. I offered a polite smile to the client, who looked at my hand. Surprisingly, Freen didn't pull away, a departure from her earlier reaction to him.

"Are you two sisters?" the client inquired, but I gently shook my head with a smile.

"She's actually my fiancée. We're getting married soon," I confidently stated.

Freen's cheeks turned red, and she tried to hide her smile, earning her a playful pinch from me.

"Really? But you're both women. Is your family okay with it?" the client probed Freen. "I remember, nine years ago, your father was here searching for a spouse for you."

"That was a long time ago, it's time to move on," Freen replied.

The client's comments took a creepier turn, leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths. I had the urge to give him a taste of his own medicine, but Freen grabbed my hand and squeezed it, silently telling me to let it go.

After excusing ourselves, Freen and I started walking away, but the guy couldn't resist being even more inappropriate by tapping her on the rear. Freen's frustration reached a boiling point, and she finally unleashed her anger, landing a punch on the guy's face.

The scene left everyone in shock, and they helped the guy to his feet as he stumbled. Freen had had enough.

"You should be grateful I didn't let my wife hit you, or you'd be six feet underground by now!" she shouted, leading me to her car.

Inside the car, Freen let out a sigh of frustration, hitting the steering wheel before massaging her temple. It was clear how upset she was.

That's when I reassured her, "Let's head home."

Freen looked at me, nodded, and slowly started to calm down. I had managed to soothe her. I had the power to bring her comfort, even in her most furious moments. I was her safe haven.

It warmed my heart to know that I was the one she could truly rely on for solace.

"Can I put my hand on your leg?" I asked.

Freen furrowed her brows and gently nodded her head. I smiled sweetly at her and watched her drive. Freen looked comfortable and so much calm. That gave me relief too.

But seriously, I didn't know she could punch that hard. I should take her to the gym with me sometime.