Chapter 15

"What do you think you're doing?" she asked, her voice filled with surprise.

I stepped back, feeling my cheeks flush with embarrassment. How did I not realize she was still awake?

"You're going about it all wrong," Freen said, positioning herself on top of me. Her eyes were heavy with drowsiness as she gazed at me. She leaned in for a kiss but abruptly pulled away as our lips touched.

She's fell asleep. Alright, let's get some rest too.

***

Days flew by, and Freen and I grew closer. Whenever we went out late, she would often accompany me home. I started joining her in meetings outside the office, and it seemed like she couldn't take her eyes off me.

Even at night, Freen would call me to ask about my day, despite spending the entire day together.

Since that kiss, Freen had transformed. She was no longer the strict CEO who would yell at me for arriving to work on time or demand coffee with a loud voice. Freen's character development was incredible.

However, I couldn't tell if my plan was progressing. Freen became friendly not only with me, but with everyone in the office. I couldn't figure out if she already liked me or if she had simply changed.

This morning, I decided to surprise Freen with a cup of coffee before she entered the office. As she took the cup, she furrowed her brow and checked if it was still hot.

"I brewed this just two minutes ago," I said.

Freen smirked, leaning against the wall. She looked at me and then turned her attention to the coffee.

"Did you put a love potion in it?" she asked.

I chuckled and shook my head, slowly approaching her. "Do I still need a love potion?" I asked playfully, biting her nose.

Freen was taken aback by my action.

Today, I wanted to find out if I had an effect on Freen. I needed to know if she liked me or if she was simply kind to everyone.

Freen pushed me against the wall, looking into my eyes with intensity. People say that eyes don't lie, and I could see through Freen's eyes whether she was happy, sad, or exhausted. I could easily discern her thoughts through her expressive gaze. However, today was different. I couldn't decipher what she wanted to say. Her eyes were conveying something I couldn't comprehend.

"How dare you bite my nose like that?" Freen asked, slowly closing the gap between our faces.

Our noses touched, and I could feel her warm breath. I smiled slightly, meeting her gaze. Our position was awkward for her since she was taller than me, but she didn't seem to mind. She was too busy looking at my lips, biting her own.

"Are you just going to stare?" I asked in a husky voice. "Why don't you come closer?"

Freen's eyes shifted to me, and she smiled slowly.

"Remember the question you asked me before? If I had taken advantage of someone before?" she asked. "What if I did? Aren't you scared?"

I chuckled at her words, slowly pushing Freen away and turning my back to her, feeling my cheeks heating up. Perhaps this was the effect of being guilty when you took advantage on someone.

Why am I getting turned on by her voice? I should be the one flirting with her, but why is she flirting back? Damn it.

"Where are you going?" Freen asked, grabbing my arm. She placed her other hand on my jaw, gazing at my lips once again.

"I'm heading to the pantry. I'm starving, Miss," I replied, removing her hands from me.

I chuckled at her expression and left the office. As soon as I opened the door, I bumped into someone, and he scrutinized me from head to toe before casually entering the office.

"Becky," Chompoo called me, so I walked over to her. "That's the Chairman of Chankimha Construction Company. He's Miss Chankimha's father."

"Oh," I muttered. "He looks intimidating."

"He's really strict and a perfectionist. Next time you encounter him, just avoid eye contact. Otherwise, you might get fired," Chompoo warned, and I nodded.

I was curious to eavesdrop on their conversation, but it felt wrong. I wondered what they were discussing. Was he scolding Freen again? She had been doing well lately, and I hoped he wouldn't ruin her mood today.