Chapter 52

The next morning, it was the day before our wedding. Saint and I headed to the wedding venue to take care of some things. We decided to rest for a while in a room when he received a phone call, prompting him to excuse himself.

Curiosity got the best of me, and I secretly followed him, like a wife suspicious of her husband having an affair. But in my case, I just wanted to find out who had called him.

"Hello, Nam? Good morning. How are they?" he asked, likely referring to Becky and Becken. "That's great to hear. Please tell them I already miss them and I'll see them again soon." Saint's voice exuded happiness. "Yes, I'll wait for her then. Should I pick her up?" My heart raced at what I overheard. "Okay, if that's what she wants. I'll hang up now. Please tell her to give me a call," Saint concluded before switching off his phone.

In haste, I swiftly returned to the room, pretending as though nothing had happened. But deep inside, it felt like a knife had pierced my heart.

So, Becky had chosen him.

I forced a bitter smile and swallowed the lump in my throat.

"Are you okay?" Saint asked the moment he entered the room. "Do you want to go home now?"

"I'm fine," I replied.

As I was about to leave the room, Saint gently grabbed my arms, causing me to turn and notice his hand on me.

"I apologize for what happened the other night. I didn't mean it. I was just frustrated," he said.

"Of course you were. We're both frustrated about what's been happening. But the difference is that you seem happy today," I remarked, mustering a slow smile.

"I look happy?" he questioned, pointing to his face.

I nodded subtly. "Aren't you?"

You seemed so happy because Becky chose you over me. Your frustration the other night stemmed from finding out that Becky loved me more than she loved you.

I wanted to voice those thoughts, but I yearned for peace of mind. If she chose him, there was nothing I could do.

"Well... maybe yes. Maybe no," Saint shrugged, causing me to roll my eyes.

I gently freed myself from his grasp and stared at him with empty eyes.

"It's fine, Saint. Be happy while you can. I don't want to be the bad guy here. I know you understand what I'm talking about, but if she chooses you, I'm truly okay with it," I expressed.

"Chooses me?" he questioned, furrowing his brows. "Who chose me?"

"Don't play dumb with me, Saint. I can see it in your eyes. You were talking to Nam just now, right? And she's with Becky. After that phone call, you seemed happy. So, what does it all mean?" I interrogated.

Saint was taken aback and gulped audibly. He sighed heavily, confirming my suspicions.

"But believe me, Saint. It's fine. If Becky finds happiness with you, I'm truly okay. I just don't want to witness her in tears," I bitterly smiled. "So, what's your plan for tomorrow? The runaway groom?" I asked, letting out an awkward chuckle.

"Are you really giving me your blessings?" he inquired.

I nodded in response. "I don't have a choice but to accept the truth. Becky and I will never be together. There are numerous obstacles, and she'll grow weary of overcoming them. If she's with you, she won't have to face the judgment of everyone." I forced an awkward chuckle.

"But what if she chooses you, Freen? Are you willing to overcome the obstacles with her?" he asked.

"Of course, but maybe that will have to be in another lifetime," I smiled and shrugged before leaving the room.

a/n: I'll upload the last chapter later at 9pm PH time.