Chapter 2

"Becken, can you help Mommy carry these?" I asked my son, pointing to the remaining box filled with some of his stuffed bears.

He rushed over to me and eagerly assisted in carrying everything he could. Nam laughed at his cuteness and gestured for him to open the door and find his room.

We were back in the city, ready to start anew. Well, for me, it was also a chance to meet Saint. Nam had graciously allowed us to stay at her house until I could find a place to rent. Even though she insisted we could stay as long as we wanted, I couldn't bear being a burden to her any longer.

"This house is near the supermarket, and Chankimha's building is just a short taxi ride away," Nam mentioned.

"Chankimha's building?" I asked, feeling a flicker of recognition. I knew I had heard that name before; I just couldn't remember where.

"I told you that Saint's girlfriend owns a construction company. She's wealthy and intelligent, but lacks character," Nam rolled her eyes.

"How do you know all this?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"Well, in case you forgot, my father works in the construction industry, and my brother owns an architecture firm. I manage an engineering firm myself," Nam explained, shaking her head as she helped me unpack.

"And why did you say I'm the best candidate for that Chankimha's secretary position?" I inquired further.

Nam wiggled her eyebrows mischievously and joined me on the couch, leaving her earlier task behind.

"Let me give you a brief background on Freen Sarocha Chankimha," she said, playfully exaggerating her name as if it were the most important in the world. "That woman is stunning, talented, and smart, but she lacks manners. No one can handle her. Rumor has it that she was engaged to Saint since they were kids, but Saint fell in love with you and hid everything."

"And now? Why is she with Saint if they didn't even like each other? Why did that girl accepted Saint even though she didn't like him?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "What made her change her mind?"

"Something happened that made Freen's father furious with her. I don't know the exact details, but Freen needs to have a child so as Saint. So, they called Saint back into the picture to give them a grandchild. However, they recently found out that she couldn't bare one," Nam explained, mockingly curtsying like a princess.

"You know a lot," I commented, shaking my head in disbelief.

I continued unpacking, but Nam wasn't done introducing me to the intriguing Freen Sarocha.

"I don't know what happened to Freen. When we were classmates, she was really nice to me. But once we became heirs, she turned cold and stopped talking to me altogether. If it wasn't about business, we never spoke again," Nam said, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Auntie Nam, I found my room. Can you help me with my toys?" Becken interrupted, grinning at me. I smiled back, relieved to have a moment of peace from Nam's chatter.

Finally, I could focus on what I needed to do. Nam could be quite talkative, and I still had unfinished tasks.

But that Freen is intriguing. How could I take her out of the picture so I could have Saint alone?