Chapter 35

It was getting late, and Freen needed to go back to her house, but Becken didn't want to let her go. He even threatened Freen that if she left, he would cry all night.

Becken clung to Freen's neck and refused to let go, so I tried to talk to him about Freen's work, but he didn't budge.

I couldn't blame him, though. This was the first time he had seen Freen and played with her. He must have missed her.

"I think you should let Freen stay and sleep in your room," Nam suggested. "You three can sleep there together." She chuckled, and we nodded.

Becken ran towards his auntie Nam and hugged her tight. He kissed her cheeks and thanked her for allowing Freen to stay for the night.

"But you should behave, okay? Let your moms rest. Understand?" Nam reminded him, tapping his nose, and they both giggled.

"Come on, Becken. Let's wash up before going to sleep," Freen said.

"I'll do it alone," Becken replied, lowering his head.

Freen chuckled and nodded as she ruffled his hair. "Alright. We'll wait for you in the room. Is that okay?" she asked, and Becken nodded.

We went to the room while Becken washed up in his own room. Freen looked around and noticed the pictures of me with Becken.

"He has grown so well," Freen mentioned, admiring the pictures. "Thank you, babe. Thanks for not giving up on our baby." She smiled at me.

"Why would I do that? When things got tough, Becken was there for me. He didn't leave me, even though he was the reason for my pain," I chuckled.

Freen pulled me close by my waist and gently kissed my nose.

"I'll do everything in my power to keep you both. I'll make you the happiest woman in the world," she said and kissed my forehead.

"You don't have to try hard. Just being with us makes me the happiest," I said, pinching her nose.

The door opened, so we quickly broke apart. Becken immediately covered his eyes.

"I didn't see anything," he said, turning around.

We both chuckled, and Freen carried him and lay him down on the bed, in between us. Freen and Becken looked at the ceiling and talked about Becken's past achievements in preschool. Freen was so proud to hear about her son's intelligence and she even promised him a prize for his next achievement.

Becken eventually fell asleep after their long talk. Freen continued patting his legs, but I told her it wasn't necessary because Becken wasn't a baby anymore.

"What was he like when he was a baby?" she asked in a hushed voice, not wanting to wake Becken.

"He was a quiet baby. He would sleep in the morning and behave well. He never cried in the middle of the night, and he grew up so fast," I said, looking into Becken's innocent eyes. "I wonder why he didn't inherit anything from you," I joked.

Becken looked like a carbon copy of Saint. At first, I hadn't noticed it since I hadn't seen Saint in ages. But after seeing him, I realized that Nam was right. He looked exactly like Saint, and he must have thought that he was our son.

However, we hadn't had sex before. We barely even touched. Isn't he wondering how I ended up giving birth to Becken without intercourse? I wondered what was going on in Saint's mind.

Freen stood up and lay down beside me. She hugged me from behind and closed her eyes.

"The only thing I was afraid of before was Becken taking you away from me. But now, I realize that he is the only boy who can touch you. Understand?" Freen whispered.

"Are you being possessive now?" I asked.

"Once you agree to marry me, I won't let you go, Becky. I'll treasure you like the most precious thing in the world. Because you deserve it." Freen kissed my cheeks and drifted off to sleep.

You deserve everything too, Freen. But you're too much for me. I don't want to hurt you, and I don't know what to do. Even if I choose you over and over again, you won't do the same when you find out the truth.