Chapter 103

"Hey Mommy, guess what? I'm at the top of my class!" Becken flashed me a shiny medal from his teacher.

"That's awesome! And I'm second!" Faye grinned, clearly proud.

I couldn't help but smile at both of them. I playfully messed up their hair and gave them each a kiss on the cheek.

If you're wondering what happened after Freen left, well, I didn't have all the answers. She just disappeared, needing some time to herself. But it seemed like she forgot she had to come back.

Saint did everything in his power to make sure Non, Faith, and Amanda faced consequences. After months of hard work, they were finally sent to jail with solid evidence. Mrs. Chankimha and Mr. Chankimha went their separate ways, leaving me in charge of the company.

It surprised me that they trusted me with this responsibility, but I gave it my all with the support of Nam and Saint.

Accepting Faye wasn't easy at first, but Becken convinced me that she was a victim too. She didn't deserve to grow up alone. That's why I decided to take custody of her. Faith didn't really have a say – it was either let me care for her child or nobody would.

Saint also found a girlfriend, and she got along great with Becken. They were so close that Becken even slept over at their place without any issues.

Nam continued her business, and we became partners, just like we dreamed about in the past. It's amazing how far we've come.

"So, what's on your reward list for today?" I asked the kids.

"I want to visit Daddy's house!" Becken's excitement was contagious.

"Me too!" Faye chimed in, holding Becken's hand. I nodded, and they practically danced their way to their room to pack.

I peeked in as they were packing, chatting and laughing together. They had grown so close. I wished Freen could witness this.

"Why did you choose to stay at your daddy's this vacation?" Faye questioned.

"Mom's been working a lot. I don't want to add to her stress. Let's give her a break," Becken explained, playfully ruffling Faye's hair.

"Hey! I'm a big kid now. No more hair ruffles!" Faye protested, focusing on her packing.

Their bond warmed my heart. I pushed aside any silly thoughts – they weren't biologically related, so there's no need to worry about them getting together in the future. Just kidding. They're both my kids now, and I'll be there for them until they're ready to stand on their own.

I stepped into my room and looked at a photo of Freen and me. A bittersweet smile formed as I caressed the picture.

"Freen, I've waited long enough. I won't expect anything from you now. If you come back, my arms are open. If not, I hope you find happiness elsewhere, away from those who hurt you." A tear rolled down my cheek.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and put on a brave face.

"You were my first love, and I didn't realize you'd be my last. I'll wait, but I won't cling to hope." I sighed.

Minutes later, an unfamiliar car pulled up at the gate. I looked up and smiled.

"You're a bit late today," I teased.

"Work got me stuck," Saint explained. "Where's my son?"

"Right here!" Becken shouted, rushing to his father. Faye followed suit, and they hopped into the car.

"Take good care of them, alright? I'll come after you if they end up with any bumps or bruises." I playfully threatened.

Saint chuckled. "Got it, got it."

"Bye, my little adventurers!" I waved them off.

"Bye, Mommy!" They chorused, their voices fading as the car drove away.

As I watched them leave, I sighed. Another vacation, more days of solitude for me.

Maybe this story won't have a fairy tale ending like I once thought. But perhaps, in some alternate universe, Freen and I are always together.

a/n: hehe. tbc?