Chapter 47

"Really?"

Freen stared at us with disbelief, her eyes filled with a mix of hurt and anger. She shifted her gaze from me to Saint, scoffing in disbelief.

"Is he the reason why you can't answer my marriage proposal even though I asked you multiple times?" Freen asked me.

"No, Freen..." I couldn't say anything. Cat got my tongue.

"Freen, please let me explain," Saint stepped forward, positioning himself as a shield between Freen and me.

"Why should you explain? Are you the one who hurt me?" she questioned, pushing Saint aside to get a better look at me. My eyes immediately dropped to the floor.

"Freen, don't hurt her," Saint pleaded, but Freen let out a frustrated sigh, fighting back tears.

"Is he telling the truth?" she turned to me, lifting my chin to meet her gaze.

"Freen!" Saint called out her name, his voice filled with urgency. "Don't touch her!" He gently removed Freen's hand from my face, but in a fit of rage, Freen slapped him.

"Don't stop me! You're full of lies! Why did you deceive me?" she confronted Saint, pushing him away again. "You told me the woman you loved was in Spain! A Spanish girl! This girl is Caucasian! You lied! Or are you just fucking dumb!?" Freen's voice rose, unleashing her frustration on Saint.

"Becken might hear you, Freen," I reminded her, but she glared at me, her eyes ablaze with fury.

"Nam took him outside while you two were arguing earlier. Didn't you know?" she questioned, her voice filled with accusation. "Tell me, Becky. Is he telling the truth?"

"Yes..." I reluctantly replied.

Tears welled up in Freen's eyes, rolling down her cheeks. She nodded slowly, struggling to swallow the lump in her throat.

"Right. You used me," she whispered in a hollow tone.

"I'm sorry, Freen." I reached out for her hands, but she swiftly pulled them away, hiding them behind her back. She shook her head, ready to walk away, but I grabbed her arms and hugged her from behind. "Freen, I love you. It started as an intention, but I genuinely fell for you. Please, believe me," I pleaded, my own tears streaming down my face.

Freen broke free from my grasp. "You lied to me. How can I trust you again?" she asked, her voice filled with anguish. "Why didn't you tell me the truth when I first asked about Saint? Why did you lie me to my face?" Freen turned to me, cupping my cheeks in her hands.

"I'm so sorry..." I cried, gripping her hands against my face. I couldn't bear to let her go. I didn't want her to walk away from me.

"I loved you more than anything, Becky. I trusted you. I shared everything with you, and yet you shattered my trust," she whispered. "I'm sorry too, but I can't forgive you right now." Freen removed her hands from mine, then turned to face Saint. "The wedding is still happening. I'll see you at the altar."

Freen walked out of the house, leaving me in tears. Saint pulled me into a hug, but I pushed him away.

"Are you happy now? Go marry her! Don't come to me again. Don't wait for me anymore. Let's pretend we never knew each other," I told him, my voice trembling.

"Are you willing to throw away all the years we spent together?" he asked, his eyes filled with desperation.

"Yes, just like you did when you left me all alone. When you chose not to fight for us. When you decided to let go of me instead of standing by my side. Let's pretend that everything that happened between us never happened," I said, forcefully pushing him out of the house. He tried to block the door, but I wouldn't let him.

"Don't do this to me, Becky. I'll make it up to you. Please, give me another chance," Saint pleaded, but I shook my head.

"Let me go. And please, take care of Freen. She's an incredible person. She didn't deserve any of this," I said, closing the door behind him.

My knees buckled, and I collapsed onto the floor. I sobbed, clutching my chest as the pain overwhelmed me.

I'm sorry, Freen. I'm so sorry.

a/n: Are you ready to know what happened seven years ago? If yes, you'll find out tomorrow. I have to sleep first HAHAH.