Chapter 94

Freen had surprised me by booking the entire restaurant just for the two of us. As we stepped inside, the vintage-themed eatery warmly embraced us. The atmosphere was incredibly romantic, and the only other presence was the waiter, patiently waiting for our meal.

With a gentle gesture, the waiter escorted us to our table, where Freen courteously pulled out a chair for me before taking her seat.

"Seems like you're a fan of romantic dates now," I playfully remarked, shaking my head with a chuckle.

"I know you appreciate places like this, where it's just us, and you can focus your attention on me without any distractions," Freen chuckled.

"When did I start enjoying watching you?" I retorted, feigning disbelief.

The waiter arrived with our food, and we ate in silence. Throughout dinner, Freen kept a watchful eye on me, even wiping a bit of sauce from the corner of my mouth.

Despite spending years together, Freen hadn't changed a bit. She remained a constant presence, staying true to the actions and gestures that had drawn me to her from the start.

After the meal, the waiter served us wine. Freen poured some into my glass, earning her a skeptical glare from me.

"What's the deal?" she asked, chuckling. "Don't worry, a little sip won't make you tipsy." She winked and took a sip from her own glass.

"I'm not sure I trust your choice of wine, Freen. In case you've forgotten," I remarked.

"This isn't my selection," she clarified, motioning for the waiter to approach. "Excuse me, what type of wine is this?" Freen inquired.

"This is a 2019 Turley Wine Zinfandel," the waiter responded before stepping away.

I crossed my arms and shot Freen a pointed look. Zinfandel has a 15% alcohol content.

"I'm declaring this the last time I drink with you," I declared, then proceeded to down the glass of wine she had poured.

The guy looked astonished as I downed the wine in one go, and I immediately felt a wave of dizziness. Darn, I shouldn't have done that. But honestly, I was ready to call it a night. I wanted to rest, especially with Freen looking so captivating tonight. She had a way of rekindling those feelings within me.

"You're such a buzzkill," Freen rolled her eyes, coming over to me. She tipped the waiter and guided me outside to her car.

I wasn't excessively drunk, but the dizziness made it hard for me to move properly. Freen reached out and held my hand, helping me into the car.

"Why did you have to go and do that?" Freen's voice held evident frustration as she started driving.

I chuckled and observed her as she skillfully handled the wheel. She looked incredibly attractive, her focused gaze locked on the road, brows slightly furrowed. She shot me a glare when I playfully rested my hand on her leg.

"Behave, Becca. I need to concentrate on driving," she scolded, removing my hand.

My intention had only been teasing, but it seemed like I had pushed her patience too far.

I pouted and crossed my arms. "I thought you said you'd do anything for me? So why the sudden grumpiness?" I sulked.

"I'm behind the wheel. I can't drive properly with you distracting me," she responded.

"Really?" I inquired, flashing a mischievous grin.

As much as I wanted to continue teasing, I thought better of it. I wasn't interested in ending up in an accident.

When we reached home, I struggled to walk due to the dizziness. Freen reached out and took my hand, guiding me to our bedroom.

I flopped onto the bed as Freen helped me remove my sandals. Her expression indicated her annoyance.

"Why the long face?" I giggled, watching her gather a towel and clothes with a hint of irritation.

"You ruined my surprise, Becky. The evening was meant to be more than just dinner. I had so many things planned, but you chose to get drunk!" Her frustration was evident as she grabbed makeup remover to wipe off my makeup.

I held onto her hand, but she withdrew it from my grasp. It was clear that she was genuinely upset.

Sighing, I wanted to apologize, but I didn't think words would be enough. How could I make her feel better?

I gazed into Freen's eyes as she continued to remove my makeup. Slowly, I reached for her hand, using my other hand to draw her closer for a kiss. However, she stood her ground, glaring at me, and then firmly pushed my hands above my head, resuming her task. Eventually, she disappeared into the bathroom.

It was evident that she was still angry. My usual tactics wouldn't work in this situation.

I sniffled and buried my face in a pillow, pretending to cry. I knew she couldn't bear to see me genuinely upset.

"Cut it out," Freen snatched the pillow away, rolling her eyes when she realized my eyes were dry.

"Why are you so upset? What did I do wrong? Can't you forgive me? Your surprise... can't you just do it here?" I questioned, sitting up on the bed. My eyebrows were raised, and I couldn't help but voice my complaints.

Earlier, she had poured me a glass of wine, and now, after I drank it, she was upset.

"I can't. This place doesn't feel special anymore," she replied.

As she walked past me, I grabbed her hand. "Why are you acting like this?" I asked.

"What are you talking about?" she shot back.

"Anywhere with you is special to me," I mumbled, lowering my gaze.

Come on, Freen. Give in already! My head is spinning, and I can't keep this up any longer!

"You're intoxicated. Go to sleep, I'll change your clothes later," Freen said, running a hand through my hair and removing my hand from hers.

Feeling a bit chilly, I hugged myself, prompting another glare from her.

"Fine..." I mumbled, pouting. "But it's cold. Can't you do it now?"